Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Woot.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-05, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woot.com

ok, so I was reading the WSJ and I just heard about these guys today; I like the idea of ultra cheap electronics as much as the next guy but question is: what's the catch? anyone have any exp with these guys? are they reliable, unreliable? and what does 12am central translate to in EST for those of us on the east coast?

thanks for any feedback, I'm always scared of dealing with new online sellers unless they're already hugely popular (eg Amazon).
Old 04-25-05, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

there's no catch. I've bought from them 2 or 3 times. They're reliable. They'll work out any problems. Couple of their employees post on their forum. They're a big wholesaler who gets massive quantities of stuff and sell what they get cheap. The new product is revealed 1am EST ..doesn't change on weekends, and sometimes they have "woof-offs" which rotate 1 or 2 dozen different products until they sell out (usually happens about once a month) ..if you see a good deal from them, pick it up. but if it's a real good deal, it will not last long. just make sure you read the description of what they're selling...sometimes it's an item they can get exclusively, or it's possibly a whitebox, etc..they'll always be clear about what it is they're selling though..
Old 04-25-05, 04:45 PM

cool, thanks; I'll be checking these guys ot periodically to see what i can get