Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Shopko: Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-05, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

So I'm cleaning out some old papers the other day and I come across rainchecks that I had gotten from Shopko back around Thanksgiving. They were for 24 Season 1, Arrested Development Season 1 and Simpsons Seasons 3 and 4 for $19.99 each. Needless to say, I was never called on them. I have never been real impressed with Shopko (Think ghetto-Target, comparable to K-Mart before their turnaround in the last few years). The stores here are severely understaffed (worse than any other retail establishment I have seen or worked for), they are always half empty of merhcandise (look like they are closing down), and they aren't the cleanest or best maintained stores.

Anyway, I figured "What the heck, I'll go in and see if they'll still take them." To my utter surprise the (overworked and overstressed) lady at the service desk consulted with the other (overworked and overstressed) lady at the service desk and they said "Sure." WOW!

Now, they would have earned a big thumbs up in my book if I wouldn't have had to stood there and waited almost a half an hour (not exaggerating, almost missed reservations at the local comedy club) for somebody to come put a key in a slot because the discount was too big for a cashier (who almost gave me Simpsons 3 & 4 for $19.99 total, so I guess they have good reason for that).

So to Shopko I say: Thanks for honoring your rainchecks, now hire some more people! (Not that I helped by buying $190 worth of DVDs for $86 with tax, but it was your sale!)