Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Customers...what do you want from a dvd store?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-05-05, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to this forum, so I apologize for any transgressions. Here is my question. In a perfect world, what would you as a customer expect from a dvd online store? What would be your ideal experience from a online store?
Old 03-05-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cheap prices and orders on or before the release date. Great customer service is also nice.
Old 03-05-05, 07:52 PM
Banned

Thank you. I figured those points would be a must. Do you think that look of a site matters? For this I mean, do you as customers like flash and zeal? Simple and effective? Big pics? What do you think about the sites out there?
Old 03-05-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well DeepDiscountDVD, or commonly called DDD here, is one of the more popular web sites on this forum and it certainly isn't flashy. I'm more concerned that a site has a good selection of DVDs to order, plenty of inventory on hand, good security protecting my personal information from hackers, great customer service, competetive prices, and my orders ship promptly and arrive in one piece. I'm not trying to downplay appearance and function of the site, they are also important, but it would be lower on the scale for me then the others.
Old 03-05-05, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Simple and effective for me, plus more of the dump bin DVD's like Wal-mart and Best Buy have only with more emphasis on alphabetical order than the jumbled crap at those B&M's.
Old 03-05-05, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
cheap prices
Old 03-06-05, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

[QUOTE=Buckeye1 In a perfect world, what would you as a customer expect from a dvd online store? [/QUOTE]

Cheap prices, low shipping, effective and responsive customer service. The look of the site doesn't matter much as long as there is enough information to let me know what I'm getting. Including features, UPC number, and a decent picture is a plus.
Old 03-06-05, 01:53 AM

Lowest total price is my main concern.
Old 03-06-05, 04:42 AM

In order of importance: wide selection, low price, fast shipping speed, low shipping cost, short pre-shipping time, ability to change orders myself online, efficient customer service, appearance.

Appearance-wise, simple is best. All I want are the specs, the price, and a cover image.
Old 03-06-05, 11:25 AM
Banned

Thank you everybody, this helps a lot. My father and I have 5 online stores currently and are building a dvd store. He is not familiar with forums, while I do. This type of response can save us a lot of hassle and bad pub at the beginning of the store's existance. We really appreciate it. I have to tell you though that wholesalers worth anything are a rarity. Can you believe that it is almost impossible to find a wholesaler that will give you a list of titles. They sell bundles of dvds without giving you any info on thier contents. We realize already that our goal is to find some reputable wholesalers that sell in listed bulk. That will be the first step for us that can separate us from the pack. Thank you again and continue the input if you so desire.
Old 03-06-05, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

three major things needed to make me happy:

GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

LOW PRICES!!

FREE SHIPPING!!!