Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

best buy won't give me my reward certificates

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-05, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My card was going to expire July 30th so renewed my card the end of June when they had those free renewal coupons. I didn't have any problems with the card at the cash register until Oct. Then when they scanned my card it came up that it needed renewed. I called and they told me it somehow deactivated itself and they would fix it. It started working again. It happened 2 more times since then and they fixed it when I called. The last time I called (2 weeks ago) I told them I hadn't received any reward certificates since July 30. He talked to a manager and the guy said my points had been suspended since Aug 4th, probably because of the card deacivating itself those times. He said when my card worked again to call them and make sure they were sending me all my certificates I had coming since then. They said how sorry they were that I kept having problems. My card worked on Friday, so I called today. They deactived my card and told me it expired on July 30. They said I renewed it, but had the charge taken off. The guy took the charge off because of the free renewal. They said unless I could show proof that I had a free renewal that they would not give me any certificates. I gave the guy the coupon thing when I renewed it. I don't have anything now. I called them during the time that my card wasn't working this last time and told them I was going to make some major purchases (laptop, big screen tv) and I wanted to make sure I got points. They had told me to run my card through and they would have a record of the points and would put them on my account when it was back up. So now I've lost all my points for them too which would have been more than a renewal fee. No wonder best buy has such a bad customer service rating. They were not nice at all. Nothing like the people I had talked the other times. I told her that I found 9 receipts when the card worked since she says it expired. The most recent one being last Friday. That should have been proof enough that they kept reactivating my card and saying it was good. Does anyone have any ideas of anything I could do? Maybe a phone number other than the reward zone one that I could get ahold of someone from best buy who might care?
Old 03-01-05, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by catsmeow
Does anyone have any ideas of anything I could do? Maybe a phone number other than the reward zone one that I could get ahold of someone from best buy who might care?
You won't get anywhere talking to someone from Best Buy. I suggest you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau:

http://bbb.org/

I did just that when I was having problems with my Reward Zone account. I ended up getting a letter of apology from one of the higher-ups at Best Buy along with a $50 Gift Card (and the problems with my Reward Zone account were eventually taken care of).
Old 03-01-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 270 Posts
I certainly wouldn't make a big purchase using that card...might be best to get a brand-new rewards card if you are going to buy a TV or laptop or something like that and just forget about the one you're having trouble with.
Old 03-02-05, 07:41 AM

Thank you, I will write the bbb. I hope it takes care of it. I had no idea of what else to do. They have to owe me quite a bit. I have already made most of my major purchases. I was still going to buy a new washer and dryer, so if they don't fix my card, I guess I will be shopping at Sears. Thanks again.