Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.com shipping policy.

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-05, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I have a number of in stock items as well as some pre orders will Amazon wait until all the preorders are released before shipping or will they ship the in stock items now and the pre ordes later on ?

Im in canada and just wanted to save a few $$$ by selecting one shipment

Thanks
Old 02-05-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the past sometimes Amazon would ship items as they became available even though you may have selected the one shipment option. However those days are long gone and they will ship the order when the last item becomes available. If you want them sooner you should either place individual orders corresponding to the release dates, or choose to have items ship when available in separate shipments.
Old 02-06-05, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah, they did that in the past for me too but lately they have become quite tight.

Maybe i'll just take the chance. Im ordering about 9 titles and 3 of them arent available until March 15 so maybe they will ship the others earlier so I dont have time to cancel the entire order
Old 02-06-05, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anytime I've ordered something with a pre-order they won't ship until that latest date.

I have had them ship something in a multiple order if one of the titles is a special order and would delay it indefinitely though.
Old 02-07-05, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just tried this placing an order for the new Batman and Superman sets (which came out on the 25th I think) and Wonderfalls (which came out on the 1st). I picked free shipping and nothing has shipped yet. WTF? I never had them hold an order so long on me when I used free shipping before. I was starting to wonder if the pre-order threw things out of whack but that made no sense and its just probably is a case of Amazon giving me the business.
Old 02-07-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If you want them sooner you should either place individual orders corresponding to the release dates, or choose to have items ship when available in separate shipments.
Yeah, I hate waiting and usually use next day shipping regardless of the cost. I do that to avoid confusion and of course, the delay. I just can't wait for shit and the longer someone makes me wait....thats all the more that can get screwed up.
Old 02-07-05, 04:53 PM

If it ships from a different distribution center sometimes they will go ahead and ship the in-stock items. Otherwise it seems like you'll have to wait.