Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD want me to pay to ship a DVD back when they sent the wrong disc?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-02-05, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok i ordered the Solarmax DVD for $5.99. The description states that it is the CE version 2 disc set. I only received the 1 disc regular version. Here is the link:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/redir...fier=SLS009876

Now they are telling me that the 2 disc set is $19.95 and they want me to ship the disc back at my expense and place an order for $19.95. I don't want to pay $19.95 and there is no Solarmax DVD on their site being sold for $19.95. And why should I be responsible for paying to ship it back when it's their mistake? Is this typical to have the customer foot the shipping bill when they make a mistake?

Last edited by namlook; 02-02-05 at 04:32 AM.
Old 02-02-05, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DDD has been really kind with me, but in this particular instance, it seems like you're getting a raw deal here. Is this what they told you via email, or did you talk to a CSR through telephone?

If you haven't actually spoke to a CSR, I'd call them up and explain your situation to them. You obviously were misinformed through reading their website (their fault), and if the bottom line is they won't send you the 2-Disc version, and you have to send their dvd back (your expense) to get your refund, then you've spent actual money for no product whatsoever? Ugh.

Doesn't sound good to me. It doesn't sound like typical DDD customer service, however. I've always heard great things about them when it came to bad discs, or wrong dvds, being sent. They usually right their wrongs.

Call them if you haven't spoke to an actual CSR.
Old 02-02-05, 12:14 PM

I have the SolarMax. I checked, from the DDD page you gave, the UPC (017078926224), which is the same as the one I have --- NO CD ! only the DVD. So the UPC they give (017078926224) does not match the description.

I checked on Barnes and Nobles website and found that they have 2 entries for SolarMax (the one above and the 2-disk one). The 2-disk one has a CD soundtrack which is the 2nd disk. The UPC's and prices (retail at BN of course) are different.
* 1-disk = 017078926224 -- $19.95
* 2-disk = 17078987621 -- $29.95
The covers and descriptions are similar for both versions, only difference appears to be the CD soundtrack.

For 5.99 you did get a good deal on the 1-disk BUT they mis-advertised it as the 2-disk, which would have been a SUPER deal ! The description did not match the UPC.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-02-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They sure were screwed-up on the Solarmax listing:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401555

I finally did get the 2-disc version in late January that I ordered back in September/October 2004. First order was cancelled by them and then ordered again.
Old 02-02-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The situation has been resolved. They sent me a postage paid return label for the DVD after another e-mail to them, although I'm somewhat disappointed since I thought I was getting the 2 disc version for $5.99. Oh well.

The link above still says 2 disc version with CD soundtrack for $5.99. I'm suprised I was the first one to bring it to their attention and that it hasn't been fixed yet.
Old 02-02-05, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by namlook
The situation has been resolved. They sent me a postage paid return label for the DVD after another e-mail to them, although I'm somewhat disappointed since I thought I was getting the 2 disc version for $5.99. Oh well.

The link above still says 2 disc version with CD soundtrack for $5.99. I'm suprised I was the first one to bring it to their attention and that it hasn't been fixed yet.
I tried to tell their CS by email that something was wrong because I had ordered the 5.99 one (the one still on their site with the 2 discs listed) and it looked like it had been in-stock ever since my order should have shipped in mid November but they said that was not the one I ordered. Then Rick from DDD left me phone message saying there was 2 different releases 1 disc and a 2 disc and that they were having manfacturing problems with the 2 disc one. About a week later I received a shipping email for the 2 disc one and I actually got that. They really should change the description to say it is only 1 disc for the 5.99 but that must be really hard to do because they seem to have a problem with Solarmax on their web site as you can see from my previous postings when doing a search at DDD for solarmax.