Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Props to buy.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Props to buy.com

Old 01-19-05, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Props to buy.com

I never thought much of buy.com before, but I had an overall pretty cool experience with them as far as customer service goes, so I thought I'd share. . .

Purchased a Princeton Graphics 17" LCD monitor for the computer for $299 with a $75 rebate. It's a fairly tight rebate as it must be postmarked within 15 days of purchase. So I ordered one on 1/5, shipped from Pa on 1/6 (despite a strange email from them on 1/6 indicating it was out of stock and backordered). Delivery scheduled in California for 1/13 via Fed Ex. Weekend of 1/8 loads of snow in the Sierra Mountains, and Fed Ex is apparently backlogged for days. 1/13 comes no monitor. Call FedEx 1/14 and they don't know where it is. Call again 1/18. Ditto, they blame the snow. Email buy.com and explain the snow related shipping delays and inquire whether I'll still be eligible for the rebate. Buy.com issues a credit to my card for $75! No hassles, no fuss. Very impressed. . .
Old 01-19-05, 12:17 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you for sharing. I love to shop at buy.com. Never had any problems, but nice to know they handle issues like yours in a very, very reasonable manner.
Old 01-19-05, 01:21 PM

I guess I'm the unlucky one. I tried to cancel an item in which I used the $5 off $40 coupon, and they cancelled just the coupon, and still shipped my items. However, the total still included the discount. Today I checked my bank account and they charged me the full amount! I called and the barely intelligible CSR told me I'd just have to wait and use it on my next order. No thanks.

This is the second time something like this has happened to me. I doubt I will ever order from them again.