Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

cd wow vs Amazon UK

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

cd wow vs Amazon UK

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cd wow vs Amazon UK

Which would be best to order from for my R2 discs ? CD Wow has free worldwide shipping but I dont know how reliable the company is.

Anyone else ordered from them ?

Thanks.
Old 01-10-05, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I know a lot of people are quite pleased with CDWow, but I've had delays with them.

Amazon UK, on the other hand, is possibly the most efficient online retailer I've ever dealt with. Orders are processed quickly, and I usually have my DVDs about 5-6 days after I order them. Keep in mind that the prices showing on their website include the VAT (a 17% sales tax) but this amount is deducted from your final invoice for items shipped to the U.S.
Old 01-10-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have had no problems thus far with cdwow. all my orders have been promptly shipped and arrived in good condition. IIRC, spaced and shaun of the dead both arrived in less than a week.

kms
Old 01-10-05, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I may give cd wow a try. I want to get some R3 titles as well as some R2's so may as well take advantage of the free shipping and get them from the same place. Of course im assuming all the R3 are legit non bootleg copies

also do you order through cdwow.com or the .net site ? the only difference i can see is you can specify US curreny in the .net version.

Last edited by Dazed; 01-10-05 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-10-05, 12:58 PM

I've gotten great service from both, amazon.co.uk ships a couple of days faster in my experience, but when I want a UK dvd they're the first two places I check.
Old 01-10-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

CD Wow rocks!! prices are excellent as well as the customer service..they actually answer email within a day
Old 01-11-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've found both the Euro Amazons and CD Wow to be highly reliable. Shipping times vary with both though. I've had short waits and long waits. The merchandise has always come.

What I normally do is price compare between them and go with the cheapest. I wouldn't say one is always better than the other, so it pays to check both.
Old 01-12-05, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deke Rivers
CD Wow rocks!! prices are excellent as well as the customer service..they actually answer email within a day
I've emailed them a ton of times, and they have always sent me a reply within hours. Most of the time it's even faster, with the average reply time for me being only a matter of minutes, five to ten minutes.

They have the best CS online, hands down. If they send you a damaged item, or something with a lose disc, and you let them know, they'll ship out another one of whatever it is that you ordered to start with, and give you the option of either keeping the damaged one or mailing it back to them. If you do send it back, they give you coupons and everything to make up for it.