Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Costco/Sam's Club help!!!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello there, this is officially my first post.

I am sorry if this has already been asked but,

Which store is better for dvd prices/deals/selection, etc.

I live in Cleveland, Ohio and within 3 miles of road, there is a Costco, a BJ's (which I have went into and does not have that good of a selection -- of anything) and a Sam's Club.

Could you guys please offer an opinion because I want to get a membership and quite honestly, DVD prices are gonna make or break that store (I'm a dork)

-Daman
Old 12-13-04, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can get a visitor pass and look at the selection and pricing in each store. I live 30 minutes driving time within 3 costco's and they all have varying selections.
Old 12-14-04, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

IMO, costco typically has a better selection. either way, flipping through the dvd boxes in either place is a bit of a pain. you could always consider deep discount dvd -- pretty good prices (except on new releases where B&M typically have them beat) and free shipping.

kms
Old 12-14-04, 09:41 AM

I belong to BJ's and Costco (we have a baby, so it works out with diapers, formula, etc.).

For DVD prices, I'd definitely give the nod to Costco. BJ's sometimes breaks street date (which Costco will never do with their computer set-up), and is starting to be competitive with instant rebates. But, Costco definitely beats BJ's when it comes to DVD sets and the like in terms of price and selection. I mean, Monty Python's Flying Circus plus a double disc Python live all for $79.99 (last week at least) is an amazing price.
Old 12-14-04, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I belongs to Sams cuz its closer and have strolled through Costco's. Costco's is a better store for DVD's as well as a variety of products.

Sams Club seems stuck on the same stuff year after year. If I had a Costco's closer I would not belong to Sams.
Old 12-14-04, 08:03 PM

The Bjs that I work at has a pretty good selection of DVDs and as Jazzinator said we are becoming very competitive with instant rebate.
Old 12-14-04, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go Costco. I have a membership to both Sam's and Costco. I almost never go to Sam's. Generally they both carry pretty much the same stuff, but I give the nod to Costco for a better selection, better quality items, lower prices, friendlier staff, less cramped store, and lots less people. Sam's is always twice as busy as Costco, which I never understood since I think Costco is superior.
Old 12-16-04, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Costco, no question.

Been a Price Club/Costco member for well over a decade, with no regrets. Been to SC one or two times, and found it gravely inferior to Costco accross the board, including DVDs, electronics, food, etc. Plus, the Costco return policy is far superior to any store. I get DVDs there occasionally, when they beat DDDs price. In general, their selection is much better then Sam's from what I recall, but stock levels do vary by store.