Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDsoon?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-04, 12:54 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVDsoon?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to order the item and then finally ship it out. I ordered the brotherhood of the wolf 3 disk edition and I assumed that it was in stock but find out later that it was "on order". I placed the order on Nov 30th and their still has been no progress...WTF
Old 12-11-04, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Might want to ask this in the store forum...or even do a search there. Depending on its availablity, it could take about 3 weeks.
Old 12-11-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It does take a while, I ordered about 15 items in the past 2 months and every single item was on order. The average time from placing the order to actually getting it was about three weeks.
Old 12-11-04, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice Bargain

Seriously, like Samuel said, DVDSoon rarely has stuff in stock. They're a middle-man of sorts and order stuff from the distributor.

Shipping times vary greatly. My Robocop Trilogy got lost in the mail and I wait 30 business days for them to reship it and then they had to reorder it from the distributor so it took me over 3 months to get.

Most things usually take about a week to receive after they ship it.
Old 12-11-04, 02:13 PM

I've had stuff (no reorders/lost mail) take a couple of months from order to my hands.
Old 12-11-04, 02:54 PM

Unpredictable -- sometimes lengthy -- shipping times is the trade off you get for free shipping and rock bottom prices (depending on what you order of course). As others have said ship times can range from one week to several months. I have no problem with this but can see how for someone new to dvdsoon it would be aggravating. My advice is to next time read up on a shop here first before placing an order with them. This way you'll know the pros and cons in advance...
Old 12-11-04, 08:02 PM

It can take forever I ordered the Hitchcock Sig. Collection and waited 2 month. The worst is that they charge you as soon you order and not when it ships.
Old 12-12-04, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zwerchfell
It can take forever I ordered the Hitchcock Sig. Collection and waited 2 month. The worst is that they charge you as soon you order and not when it ships.
yeah, their reasoning behind this is that they want to lock you into the current currency exchange rate.
Old 12-13-04, 09:17 PM

Most everything I ordered from them has been "on order." Back in late October I bought six DVDs: one was in stock and five were on order. Amazingly, they shipped them as they got in, so I received three seperate shipments. One came a week after order, two came in two weeks, and the final three came in three weeks.

And personally, I *like* that they charge me right away. It drives my compulsive checkbook-balancing mind crazy when I purchase something that won't show up on my statement for 2 months!
Old 12-17-04, 11:24 AM

I have a good experience and many bad experiences with DVDSoon.

I have an order of Shawshank Redemption, Dodgeball and The Terminal. These titles are in one order. Well, I placed this order on the December 3rd 2004 and up till now, all of them has been in "Packaging" phase more than a week except for The Terminal which is now On Hand for one week. Until now, they are stucked in the Packaging phase.

I have another order which has 2 titles and they were shipped in a different time. And this order was ordered after the first order I mentioned.

I have contacted them regarding this matter. Out of 4 emails I sent to them, only one of them was replied. The customer service officer said the titles that are in "Packaging" phase will be shipped out on Thrusday. Not true enough. The first order are still stucked in the packaging phase. I think the customer service in this retailer almost does not exist.

I think I doubt I will get my stuffs before 2004 ends.

Last edited by arikevin; 12-17-04 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-22-04, 04:49 AM
Cool New Member

still waiting on my "brotherhood of the wolf" 3 disc set. Its been 3 1/2 weeks since I placed my order and the dvd is still showing "on order". I have not had any replies to the emails I sent out a week and a half ago. I suppose I might give them a call. So much for getting the dvd before christmas. I might just cancel my order and try my luck with ebay. What a crappy company.
Old 12-23-04, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
As others have said, their prices are good but they're very slow to get you your items. The 'eternity' in packaging thing is annoying, but it must be that they only ship once a week, or something like that.

DVD'Not so'Soon might be a better name.
Old 12-23-04, 07:30 AM

They will only ship every Thrusday. 1700hours or later (Canadian Time)

Guess what, Terminal went from On Hand to Packaging phase and Dodgeball went from Packaging to On Hand. This is a special treatment from this "soon" retailer.
Old 01-01-05, 05:38 PM

Yeah, I had two "In Stock" items that sat for several weeks before shipping. However, they did ship in the order I'd ordered them; one shipped a day later than the other.

They do ship everything on a "partial" basis - there's no option to bunch everything together.

Can folks confirm that items plaed in separate orders always ship separately, no matter that they all ship together?

WHat's bad at the moment is that you can't order ANYTHING: try it. Their "Choose a Carrier" page is blank. No tickboxes. No Continue. Nothing.

I guess it's because the Free Shipping offer has ended (except for Fidelity Card members).

But it's really cr@p that they close up shop like this leaving a bug in the ordering system. Which all too frequently crashes with timeout errors.

And they never seem to answer emails.

If it weren't for their low prices and the fact that they can get titles a lot of other places can't...
Old 01-08-05, 08:02 PM
Cool New Member

Well, it has been a month + a week in a half. At least its in the packaging phase. But now it just looks like it just sits there too (been a week there). I cannot think of any reason right now that I would deal with this company. Absolutely horrible experience with this company.
Old 01-09-05, 04:06 AM

hmm a lot of there titels have the NO STATUS...what's up with that ? ?? bbrrrr i got a lot of dvd's pending with them like 20 or so.....
Old 01-10-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by peterjon
hmm a lot of there titels have the NO STATUS...what's up with that ? ?? bbrrrr i got a lot of dvd's pending with them like 20 or so.....
I have a few dvds on order that are listed as NO STATUS. I have a feeling that this means I'll be posting here soon on requesting a refund or something.