Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BB.com In-Store Pickup question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-04, 09:24 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I place an order at bestbuy.com for in-store pickup, do I get a cash register receipt when I pick up the order? If so, what information is in the receipt? Will it show the purchaser's name/address? Item price?

Last edited by eau; 12-10-04 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-10-04, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eau
If I place an order at bestbuy.com for in-store pickup, do I get a cash register receipt when I pick up the order? If so, what information is in the receipt? Will it show the purchaser's name/address? Item price?
Yes you do get a register sales slip.

It will show the store's name at the top, and then show "Bestbuy.com Pick Up Receipt" followed by a line by line item description of what you are picking up. If you used any coupons those will show on there as well, along with the adjusted amount.

At the bottom it will show your first and last name as well as the Bestbuy.com order number. It will then tell you if you have other items to pick up and a disclosure statement at the bottom saying that by signing the slip the clerk gives you and then keeps, you acknowledge you got the products that are listed above and you can see how payments were applied to your credit card by logging into your account on BestBuy.com.
Old 12-10-04, 10:46 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks!

It's good as long as it shows the item price before any digital coupon is applied. I'm planning to use the Seinfeld $25 digital coupon on the McAfee Internet Security Suite V.7 which is free after rebate. One of the two rebate forms says that the combined rebate cannot exceed the purchase price of the item. As long as the purchase price before any coupon is shown on the receipt, the rebates should go through fine.

Btw, the pickup receipt will show the original order date, which falls within the promotional period this week, right? Even if I pick up the item next week.
Old 12-11-04, 04:52 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I went ahead and used the Seinfeld coupon to order McAfee Internet Security Suite 7.0 for in-store pickup. The software is free after two mail-in rebates.

One of the rebates is good only between 12/5-12/11. I hope the receipt will show the original order date (12/11) rather than just the pickup date since I'm planning to pick it up in the middle of next week.