Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-08, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of the apology email I received was this paragraph - unfortunately, when I go to my queue there is no such button:

"Because you are currently receiving your settlement benefit, we will also be issuing a bonus rental for you to use at your convenience. To redeem this rental, log into your account and access Your Queue. Then click the "Use the Bonus Rental" button located at the top of Your Queue."
Old 08-16-08, 07:31 AM

They extended my settlement period by one week and shipped a disc on Friday. I'm honestly happy with the way they handled the tough situation. I might even stay with them for a while.
Old 08-16-08, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster
My biggest gripe actually is that the "Watch Instantly" selection hasn't improved much at all since the release of the Roku player.
Plus there's STILL no support for Macs.
Old 08-16-08, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I disagree. It took them far too long to acknowledge the problem and when they finally did, they said that personalized e-mails would be sent out to those affected. As far as I can tell, very few people actually received an e-mail like that. As of this point in time, I have no idea what is up with my account. I've had movies in the queue processing that eventually disappeared completely from my queue. When speaking to a CSR about the issue, they were clueless regarding the issue.

In terms of the 15% discount, it's a start but I still don't think it's adequate compensation. I received 0 movies this week. By the time I finally do get some movies in, I'll have probably gone 7 or 8 days without.

Let's face it, the reason they're offering any compensation at all is because they'd face a mass exodus if they didn't. I'm not upset about the lack of movies coming my way. Lord knows, I've got more than enough to entertain me. It's the principle of it. If I'm paying for a service, I expect to receive that service. And 100% of that service.
I actually received 2 emails informing me of the troubles, what they were doing to fix the problem, and the final contained what my compensation for my trouble was (15% as well). All in all, not too bad. Better than most. I had cox turn off a cable modem I was renting from them as it was deemed "too old" and they never even gave me a chance to exchange it. When I informed them of this, they told me they'd send someone in "two weeks" with a new one. They have a center about 5 miles from me and wouldn't let me come in and swap. I had to go buy a brand new one at $100 just to get internet service back. Total downtime, 2 days. Compensation=0. So in this aspect, Netflix did everything right to fix the issue. Hopefully this won't happen again, but all in all, I didn't get DVD's shipped to me. It's not the end of the world for me.
Old 08-16-08, 04:09 PM

I got three DVDs in the mail today. My queue still shows one shipping Tuesday when it arrived in todays mail. I also got the email promising 15% credit to my next billing cycle. Let's see what happens when I mail out these DVDs on Monday.

I like Netflix since they're a lot more reliable than Blockbusters. The local Blockbusters distribution center takes up to three days to receive and process my returned DVDs, this averages about two to three rentals per week via my three "unlimited" DVDs via mail account. Netflix processes and ships out in a day, so I usually average 6 per week via my three unlimited rentals account.
Old 08-16-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bdots48
At the end of the apology email I received was this paragraph - unfortunately, when I go to my queue there is no such button:

"Because you are currently receiving your settlement benefit, we will also be issuing a bonus rental for you to use at your convenience. To redeem this rental, log into your account and access Your Queue. Then click the "Use the Bonus Rental" button located at the top of Your Queue."

I've had that problem before. If you're using AOL, try a different browser and it should be visible.
Old 08-17-08, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
15% off for missing 25% of a billing period ( roughly a week out of the month for most people ) is 100% unacceptable. I will be calling them Monday, I just rejoined Netflix on weds. Which after my order finally ( if it even does ) ships on Monday, will probably be one full week without. Who's to say after this treatment I will even be a member next month for them to take 15% off?
It's not enough for me. I want at least a free upgrade for the month. Because I probably will only be a member for this month.
Not that I agree with your assessment that Netflix gave you 25% less service this month, but is it really worth $1.70 of your time to call and bitch out an underpaid CSR drone about the injustice you perceive? (Assuming you are on the 3-out plan for $16.99/month)

Netflix handled this situation better than any other entertainment company of which I am acquainted. Try getting credit for internet outages from your ISP some day....
Old 08-17-08, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by ScissorPuppy
15% off for missing 25% of a billing period ( roughly a week out of the month for most people ) is 100% unacceptable. I will be calling them Monday, I just rejoined Netflix on weds. Which after my order finally ( if it even does ) ships on Monday, will probably be one full week without. Who's to say after this treatment I will even be a member next month for them to take 15% off?
It's not enough for me. I want at least a free upgrade for the month. Because I probably will only be a member for this month.
I guess I missed something with this outage. I got both my DVDs that were scheduled to be shipped out this week. One was delayed 2 days, and one 3 days. So a total, I guess, of a 3 day outage, which they have reported. So that's a 9% outage for the month. And for that they gave me 15% off. I'm not sure how the 25% math is working out. Wouldn't they have had to have been down for like 8 days for that math to work out? Can someone help me out here? I know I'm not Will Hunting here, but I can't get this math to work out.
Old 08-17-08, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Carcaridon
I guess I missed something with this outage. I got both my DVDs that were scheduled to be shipped out this week. One was delayed 2 days, and one 3 days. So a total, I guess, of a 3 day outage, which they have reported. So that's a 9% outage for the month. And for that they gave me 15% off. I'm not sure how the 25% math is working out. Wouldn't they have had to have been down for like 8 days for that math to work out? Can someone help me out here? I know I'm not Will Hunting here, but I can't get this math to work out.
I guess everyone's situation was different. So my situation is NOT going to end up making mathematical since in your situation. I stated in my post that it would be around 7 days before I would get my discs. 7 days = 1 week. 4 weeks in a month. 1 down week is 25% of the pay period, for which they were "Taking 15% off NEXT months bill". Your discs just seemed to get to you faster that's all. My point was, as member who just signed back up on weds, I had no reason to even want to continue another month. Sp the 15% off does nothing for me.

Besides, I ended up getting my discs yesterday anyways, Despite the website saying that they are shipping on Tuesday. They will probably have the discs back before the website says they are shipping ;o) So it doesn't matter now. I'm happy.

Last edited by ScissorPuppy; 08-17-08 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-17-08, 02:19 PM

I don't see why someone shouldn't get reimbursed for a service paid for but not received. I've never had problems with my ISP or utilities companies providing refunds. Netflix on the hand has been a nightmare when I've had a problem. It's always someone else's fault. Interestingly enough, I got the refund even though I had not mailed anything back this past week.
Old 08-17-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts
This is bogus, I have had no disc shipped out yet (new period for me was on 08/14), with a notice that I should have a couple shipped out on Monday. I also end up losing essentially an entire week of the settlement bonus, which is just all kinds of wrong. Oh, and on top of that...no e-mails from NF confirming that I will get a 15% credit, and an extension of my settlement benefit, so yeah, NOT HAPPY with how NF has dealt with me as a long-time customer this past week.

This gripe is coming from someone who normally LOVES NF, and was not all that rattled by the throttling issue in the first place, but ignoring me as a customer this past week...well, it is funny what ends up angering a person.
Old 08-18-08, 10:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well the notice is finally gone but that might be the only thing that has changed... I still haven't had things that were sent back at the tail end of last week check in yet.
Old 08-18-08, 11:11 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Started a new 3-at-a-time membership two weeks ago. I watch them the day they arrive and immediately mail them back. The local processing center is in the town next to mine.

Just returned my 6th film, and my trial ends tomorrow. Returning them as quickly as I do, I expected at least 10 films in 14 days.

I hope this glitch explains the incredible slowness, but I'm not hopeful. Tracking the history, they just look slow. Joined on the 4th and immediately added films to my queue. They don't ship until the 6th, even though they start charging me on the 4th. Receive two on the 8th and return the next day. Don't receive the second batch of two until the 11th. Return that night. Receive initial 3rd film and one more on the 15th (Saturday), return Monday. One film was shipped a few days ago but hasn't arrived.

Got the 15% off email, and it also claimed to be adding another week to my trial. Checking my account, that extra week has not been added. Would like to email them to have them fix that, but it appears to be phone only support from their website.

Six rentals in two weeks is not good enough. I would have given them a solid month to see how many films per month I would average, but with the problems I've found so far I think I'm just going to cancel.
Old 08-18-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
Well the notice is finally gone but that might be the only thing that has changed... I still haven't had things that were sent back at the tail end of last week check in yet.
I had to call yesterday and report a disc as missing. It should have been received by them just before this latest debacle. I'm supposed to get something shipped today so I've got my fingers crossed.
Old 08-18-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My service was down but no e-mail about a discount.

Netflix is the only company I do business with that I regularly have to call to lodge a complaint.

Too bad Blockbuster's service is worse.
Old 08-21-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gerry P.
Too bad Blockbuster's service is worse.
Their idiotic CEO seems baffled by Netflix's success.
Old 08-22-08, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm getting sick of delayed shipments - I've gotten a total of 5 movies this month on a 2-at-a-time plan. Last week I sent my movies in on Tuesday, got nothing back until the next Monday. Sent movies back again this week, and they haven't even shipped anything yet.

Is Blockbuster that much slower even? I just got billed at Netflix or I'd probably cancel now.
Old 08-22-08, 06:14 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Still seems slower than it should be, but I decided to stick with it thru at least the discounted month.

Anyone know an easy way to find Criterions on their site?
Old 08-22-08, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor
Still seems slower than it should be
I'm experiencing that too. I've already had a couple of discs check in a day after they'd ordinarily be received. I'm going to toss everything in the mail today and see what happens on Monday.
Old 08-23-08, 01:17 AM

I received my 15% discount from Netflix. I had one odd experience in regards to shipping. One disc was to ship from Albuquerque, NM on the 20th, and after a long delay it finally shipped from Santa Ana, CA on the 22nd. Another problem was that they shipped disc 2 of 2 on the 22nd while disc 1 of 2 is to ship out on the 25th.

I had a similar problem with Blockbuster, they shipped disc 2 of 5 (season 2) and skipped to the next group in my queue, disc 1 of 5 (season 3). All of the season 2 discs were listed as available.
Old 08-23-08, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by naitram
I'm getting sick of delayed shipments - I've gotten a total of 5 movies this month on a 2-at-a-time plan. Last week I sent my movies in on Tuesday, got nothing back until the next Monday. Sent movies back again this week, and they haven't even shipped anything yet.

Is Blockbuster that much slower even? I just got billed at Netflix or I'd probably cancel now.
Yeah this is bullshit. I returned a Blu Ray on Monday morning and they didn't get it until yesterday.

About a month ago, they'd get it the same day as the day I drop it on the mailbox. I don't mind an extra day to process but 3 days is a bit much. I still save money because of time and gas if I went to the video store. I might try out blockbuster again (I stopped because their blu ray selection sucked and most were on the waiting list.)
Old 08-23-08, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Equally bewildering to Mr. Keyes is the emphasis on catalog size. Why would anyone want to watch anything other than new releases, he wonders.

"I don't care how many movies are available to me. As my personal taste as a customer, I want to watch the new stuff so whether we have 10,000 movies or 200 movies doesn't matter if I don't want to see any of the movies that we have . . . our assortment is heavily weighted toward newer releases and mainstream staple titles."

Clearly the guy's not a cinephile.
"
Oh my.
Old 08-23-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by matrixrok9
Yeah this is bullshit. I returned a Blu Ray on Monday morning and they didn't get it until yesterday.

About a month ago, they'd get it the same day as the day I drop it on the mailbox. I don't mind an extra day to process but 3 days is a bit much. I still save money because of time and gas if I went to the video store. I might try out blockbuster again (I stopped because their blu ray selection sucked and most were on the waiting list.)
The not-really-funny thing is, when I called to bitch and moan, the girl said that the 15% refund from the week before's debacle wasn't showing on my account for some reason. She went ahead and put that through for me now...

So they weren't even going to give me the 15% refund they promised by email until I called in to complain about all the delays. What a bunch a pricks. But I guess they can be.
Old 08-23-08, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm done with Netflix (again) until it straightens itself out. The average turnaround time from Florida this month has been about 8 business days from when I put the DVD in the mail. I've only had two new movies ship and just about all of my info in my queue and the shipment emails have been wrong. It sucks, but ah well, it just got to be too annoying to have no idea when you would see a new movie in your mail again.
Old 08-24-08, 02:52 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I haven't really read thru this whole thread, but I'm beginning to think that I might be one of few that are actually happy with their service.

My shipping center is in the next town over and I've never had any problems whatsoever that didn't bother me. A movie taking an extra day is ok with me, anything longer and I'd be a little annoyed.

The latest episode with delayed shipments etc really didn't hurt me too much. I think the only thing it did was throw me off track a little with the way I return movies so I get a new release on the actual day of release. But since there really isn't anything due out on Tuesday that I wanted to see, at least I can catch up on some older titles.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.