Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Magazine-bin.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Magazine-bin.com?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-04, 10:30 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magazine-bin.com?

Hey guys,

Signed up with one of the free magazine subscription companies, Magazine-bin.com, a few weeks back and got an e-mail from them yesterday to approve my "membership". As part of the approval process, they are asking for a $2.95 operations fee to be paid for each eliglbe subscription, payable through PayPal.

Is this legit--has anyone had any experience with them in the past, or is this too good to be true?

Any words of wisdom would be helpful!
Old 12-07-04, 09:09 PM

Dont have any experience personally with that site, but having seen many similar sites in the past, my hunch would be its NOT legit.... pay at your own risk.
Old 12-16-04, 06:15 PM

I just received 2 emails from this site with about 10 minutes of eachother. The first one "warned" me of the following:
It was recently brought to our attention that some of our members have been receiving contacts from third party magazine companies, requesting credit card information, and additional monthly payments. Magazine-bin.com does not condone, nor endorse these actions.

The rest of the email goes on saying that their customer service will never ask you for payment over the telephone, something about payments through PayPal, blah blah blah.

The second email acted like I had recently signed up with them and they wanted me to confirm my personal info. I don't recall signing up and my guess is they received my info from another site. It's funny how they "do not condone, nor endorse" third parties when in fact, I'm sure they are a third party! I was just curious if anyone received the same emails or if anyone acted by "approving" their personal info...
Old 12-23-04, 02:53 AM

My experiences

I signed up with magazine-bin.com about 2 months ago. I just started receiving my magazines. I had to pay the 2.95 service fee per magazine, but it was a real bargain. My only complaints are that it wasnt clear to me whether it was a scam or not... I have read many people saying bad things, but my experience was a positive one. I got 5 1 year subscriptions to various magazines such as maxim, fhm, people (for my wife), cosmopolitan (for my daughter), and wired. Total cost? 14.75 through paypal. Oh yeah... one more thing.... for one reason or another they do not have their customer service information on the site... but I sent an email to the account they had listed with paypal and sure enough within 24 hours I had a reply. FYI - their customer service email is [email protected]. Do what you feel comfortable with, but in my experience it was well worth it.

Cheers!
Old 12-23-04, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by crimsonfury
I signed up with magazine-bin.com about 2 months ago. I just started receiving my magazines. I had to pay the 2.95 service fee per magazine, but it was a real bargain. My only complaints are that it wasnt clear to me whether it was a scam or not... I have read many people saying bad things, but my experience was a positive one. I got 5 1 year subscriptions to various magazines such as maxim, fhm, people (for my wife), cosmopolitan (for my daughter), and wired. Total cost? 14.75 through paypal. Oh yeah... one more thing.... for one reason or another they do not have their customer service information on the site... but I sent an email to the account they had listed with paypal and sure enough within 24 hours I had a reply. FYI - their customer service email is [email protected]. Do what you feel comfortable with, but in my experience it was well worth it.

Cheers!
Don't know about People and Cosmo but the other three magazines (as well as several others) have been available as totally free subscriptions over the past few months. I signed up for them as well as gave the same subs to some friends. They have been arriving each month. Total cost: $ Zero

Its never been necessary to pay a $2.95 service fee for many of these promotions but I am certain someone will take it if you send it.