Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

WalMarts return policy?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

WalMarts return policy?

Old 12-04-04, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
WalMarts return policy?

My uncle just came down for an early christmas visit, he couldn't get the time off during the actual holidays He gave my wife Buffy Season 1 and Angel Season 1 knowing that she is a big fan. The problem is she already has these. He was so excited to give them to her (and make her happy) that I didn't want to tell him. My mom says he got them at Walmart, they are unopened will they at least give store credit?

shadow
Old 12-05-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99.9% of the time they will, probably even 100%, assuming the prices are still in the computer.
Old 12-06-04, 09:59 PM

Should be no problem. Wal-Mart will give store credit without a receipt up to 3 times a year as long as the item is in their computer. At least that's their stated policy. They've given me cash on a return before, but it could have been a new employee.
Old 12-07-04, 12:53 AM

A former roommate of mine once bought a tv at a kmart that was faulty, he didn't feel like driving back there so we went to a nearer walmart. They took it no problem, for credit.

I don't think their employees really care all that much.
Old 12-09-04, 08:11 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Wal-Mart does take back unopened merchandise without recipts, but they may not have Buffy and Angel season 1 since they are pretty old. I havn't seen either in Wal-Mart for atleast a year.
Old 12-09-04, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's very doubtful that they actually came from Wal-Mart, being that they're older titles that i haven't seen in any Wal-Mart for over a year now. Also, when returning merchandise (unopened) without a receipt, if it scans for over $50 they will more than likely issue a Wal-Mart gift card.....but again, that's ONLY if the item(s) are still in their computers as having been current stock items within the past year or so.
Old 12-10-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you do not have a receipt for these you will also need to provide a driver's license or other form of ID or the system will reject the return.

Any return without a receipt that was under $25 could be completed with cash the last time their policy was updated. Anything over $25 must be refunded to a shopping card which cannot be cashed out like they could before.