Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

First purchase from DDD has been a dissapointment

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-04, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed an order for 13 items on 11/13, only one was backordered. It's been two weeks and not one thing from that order has been shipped. I called them last Wed and was told that my order was shipping that day, but wasn't. I called on Fri and again was told that my order was shipping that day and I again it was not shipped.
Old 11-27-04, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I know DDD can sometimes be very slow but I am surprised the in stock items haven't shipped yet with your order. I placed one order on the 15th and everything shipped 2 days later. I would keep calling them and complain about the continued delays. At least they should offer you free upgraded shipping for the inconvenience.
Old 11-27-04, 05:05 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't feel so bad, i ordered something from DDD about 4 months ago and didn't get it until 2 weeks ago. I got in the mail and thought 'wtf is this' i didn't even know i had ordered this.
Old 11-28-04, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
During last year's sale, I was waiting for about 2 months for items. This year, I got both shipments within a week.
Old 11-29-04, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDD is slow. If you are want the DVD's quicker, you have to pay for shipping. If you are on the West Coast (like me), you wait and wait and wait some more.

JP
Old 11-29-04, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DVD Josh
During last year's sale, I was waiting for about 2 months for items. This year, I got both shipments within a week.
Yes, I was flabbergasted to see all three of my DDD orders here, to the CA Bay Area, in under 10 days. True, one I had to exchange (loose DVD, won't accept) but . . . even the CS seemed to be more calm and polite this time, and by the time I hung up the phone, my pre-paid label had been emailed to me.

There have been some demonstrative improvements at DDD since the summer. Hopefully when they migrate to their new servers next year they'll be able to handle the dogpile that happens whenever they run one of their 20% sales.

Miss Flores, if it makes you feel any better, I was so pissed off at DDD this time last year I swore I would never do business with them again. It was my first order with them and it was something of a disaster. Shipping was the least of the problems.

But I have learned with this company to be patient — to maintain a higher tolerance for mistakes than I otherwise would with an e-retailer operating on healthy profit margins. Something has to be sacrificed for DDD to offer these unbeatable sales — let's be honest — and the upshot is that a small percentage of people will have problems with their orders. Would you rather have no DDD — even if only to aggressively force competition? No one can honestly say that we would be better off without DDD.

I know that wasn't what you were implying; I just wanted you to know that it is possible to Get Religion and shop with DDD a second time, even after a really bad first experience. But you must accept the risk that a small percentage of orders are going to have problems; proceed, with patience, to work through correcting them; and understand that when your number's up, your number's up. Join the club. It all works out in the end.

MISS PEACH