Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Star Wars 1 & 2

Old 11-17-04, 12:55 PM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Wars 1 & 2

So I picked up the Star Wars Trilogy back when it came out and I had been holding off on Eps 1 & 2 till then and wanted to get them at the same time but they were unavailable, at amazon and dvdempire etc. I figured it was a rush and it would clear up but here it is months later and still those sites list them as unavailable or something similar. Does anyone know where a person could actually buy Star Wars 1 & 2 or why they aren't available anymore? Thanks!
Old 11-17-04, 01:45 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 596
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked them both up (Eps 1 & 2) at Best Buy the week that the Trilogy box set was released. They had a lot of Eps 1 & 2 in stock at the time. Don't know the current situation, though.
Old 11-17-04, 02:31 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up Ep. 1 & 2 when I got the Trilogy too. Now they're becoming harder to find. My local Best Buy has plenty of Ep. 2, but no Ep. 1. I'm pretty sure they're OOP, but your local B&M stores may still have some copies left.

Might also want to try local used CD shops or pawn shops. Worst case scenario, you could always go the ebay route.

Good luck finding them.
Old 11-17-04, 03:51 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 5280
Posts: 3,413
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am debating about this. Part of me feels like I should wait to the 3rd one comes out. I would think he will release a trilogy of these (or atleast I would hope). One problem that makes it hard to get, besides finding them, is that they are almost $24. Will have to decide here very soon before they are gone.
Old 11-23-04, 11:21 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 18,295
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,030 Posts
I see a lot of both in the used shops still.
Old 11-24-04, 06:43 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,791
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by milo bloom
I see a lot of both in the used shops still.
yeah, esp. Episode II.

I see a lot of these at GameStop for $9.99 and Blockbuster for $12.99
Old 11-24-04, 12:39 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Abob Teff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Not necessarily Formerly known as Solid Snake
Posts: 29,250
Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts
Figure that the Episode 3 DVD is about a year off (summer release should mean that it will be out by Q4 2005) . . . then pick up the boxset. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Lucas tried to sell Episode 3 ONLY in a boxset (please archive this post so that I can come back in year and gloat) . . .
Old 11-26-04, 06:48 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 239
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Abob Teff
Figure that the Episode 3 DVD is about a year off (summer release should mean that it will be out by Q4 2005) . . . then pick up the boxset. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Lucas tried to sell Episode 3 ONLY in a boxset (please archive this post so that I can come back in year and gloat) . . .
Sad but true......... I too am wanting to pick up star wars 1&2. Even though I think episode 1 kinda sucks (thanks in large part to Jar-Jar Binks) I have held off for long enough. I will start at some used stops first, I can't see paying 20 to 24 for episode 1. I like episode 2 and really hope that Revenge of the Sith rocks. If it does than I would shell out another 37.79 for all three if only sold as a boxset. It may be wise not to spend to much to get episode 1&2. But then again who knows!

When I first starting looking for episode 1&2, I was really surprised that they were not priced at around $10 bucks each. Anybody know if the demand is low and has keep supply low, or is this a case of Lucas limiting production of them in an effort to force his hand if episode 3 takes off?
Old 11-26-04, 11:36 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,791
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by aspikes
Sad but true......... I too am wanting to pick up star wars 1&2. Even though I think episode 1 kinda sucks (thanks in large part to Jar-Jar Binks) I have held off for long enough. I will start at some used stops first, I can't see paying 20 to 24 for episode 1. I like episode 2 and really hope that Revenge of the Sith rocks. If it does than I would shell out another 37.79 for all three if only sold as a boxset. It may be wise not to spend to much to get episode 1&2. But then again who knows!

When I first starting looking for episode 1&2, I was really surprised that they were not priced at around $10 bucks each. Anybody know if the demand is low and has keep supply low, or is this a case of Lucas limiting production of them in an effort to force his hand if episode 3 takes off?
I think that they're out of print now. Personally, i would just try picking them up used somewhere.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.