Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any comments on DVDpassion and DVDboxoffice

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-04, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I'm new here in this forum, after reading many threads here I've to say that I'm also having problems getting from DVDsoon, after searching for a while, found this 2 sites : DVDpassion and DVDboxoffice which I find reasonably priced with Free Int'l Shipping and feel like ordering from them.

Can anyone help to comment for this 2 sites? Many Thanks!!
Old 08-27-04, 12:40 AM

I have used DVDboxoffice for a couple criterions and they have very fast delivery. I am in Canada so that probably has a lot to do with it. My only complaint would be that they do not tell you if the DVD you want is in stock. So you order and have to wait and see or e-mail and find out.
Old 08-27-04, 12:51 AM

thnx Corleone,
Since you're in Canada, you didn't try DVDpassion?? they always states stocks status but wonder isit up to date?

I faced a problem with dvdsoon recently, which "In-stock" items after ordered, was "In-Transit" then few days later became "On order" for all items. Can't deny they are cheaper compare to other 2. It give me more doubts if I will to order those not in stocks.

did the other 2 sites charged upon order or when shipped?? Any more comments pls.
Old 08-27-04, 12:59 AM

Never tried DVDpassion... both passion and boxoffice are usually higher priced than futureshop...

I forgot to mention that at DVDboxoffice they have a 15% off coupon... but you may have to use a visa for it to work... VISA2004DE... I think it is still active..
Old 08-27-04, 01:11 AM

thnx and noted, if there's a 15% off...then price can be competitive to dvdsoon for certain titles. Reason why I buy in Canada is that I'm looking for R1 and unrate/cut versions. In my country, ours are R3.. juz saw Passion of the Christ in the shop last night going at CAD$20.38 uncut version.