Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Things to Sell and Rewardzone Changes

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so first off this thread isn't much of a bargain but I bet many people on here will at least be somewhat interested in this news. First of all I read this morning that a 3 disc edition of Pirates of the Carribean will be released, curious as to why and what they will do with it. In addition something that I have wanted for awhile they will finally remaster the Rocky series again with a 6 disc set. I believe the first will even have a DTS track and all the films will have an anamorphic. I think it's following in the recent trend of adding an additional disc of special features for the 6th. Now the question is do you put your copies of each on ebay to hopefully cover at least half of the cost?

Also I'm an employee at Best Buy and they informed us that starting I believe it was this past Sunday the Rewardzone program would change. I would be pretty ticked if I was a memeber, but here is the new deal. No longer are they offering the 5000 bonus points for signing up and now instead of every 12.500 points (equivalent to 125 bucks unless you get special offers) earning you a gift certificate it will now be ever 15,000 (equivalent of 150 bucks). I'd be officially dissapointed personally.
Old 08-26-04, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Things to Sell and Rewardzone Changes

Originally posted by jordb2k4
No longer are they offering the 5000 bonus points for signing up and now instead of every 12.500 points (equivalent to 125 bucks unless you get special offers) earning you a gift certificate it will now be ever 15,000 (equivalent of 150 bucks). I'd be officially dissapointed personally.
These changes sound like they apply to new or renewed memberships after these changes are posted. I just renewed at the end of July so I'd expect them to retain the regulations I had when I signed up until my next renewal. If in fact they are affecting these alterations across the board including existing members, they should expect to see quite a bit of legal ramifications IMO.
Old 08-26-04, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Already a thread about this in fact just below...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=381237

And yes, it affects people who just renewed rfduncan. See the return policy in the thread above.