Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Rant about foxstore.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Rant about foxstore.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-04, 04:27 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Rant about foxstore.com

I put an order at foxstore.com in May. The package did arrive quickly but three of the DVD was defective. So I emailed their customer service using the weblink at foxstore.com. They did not resond to my email for weeks! Finally, I decided to give them a call. You know what, they don't even have a toll free number! I spoke to a csr and she agreed to send me the replacements and would refund my return postage. The replacement order arrived a few days later but only for one item. I waited for weeks again for the rest of the DVDs and postage refund that never come. So I called them again, on my long distance chrage, and get them two send me the rest of the replacements. But the guy I spoke with would not refund the postage. The package finally came yesterday, and there is a floater in it. I have to say I have never had such frustrating experience in my years of dealing with online company.
Old 07-03-04, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
You know, I have order hundreds of DVDs online and I've never had one be "defective". It seems like you had a tough experience, but exactly is wrong with all these discs you keep getting?
Old 07-03-04, 11:17 PM

They are "floaters". I used to exchange DVD with amazon and deepdsiscountdvd without problem but this is the first time I experience this and from a major studio no less.
Old 07-04-04, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you dont want floaters, maybe you shouldnt buy online. 95% of the time floaters are the result of the shipping process, mail and packages are tossed around big time. its the chance everyone takes when ordering online. i would do MUCH MORE of my DVD shopping online if it werent for floaters. i order and hold my breath.
Old 07-04-04, 09:00 AM

I know that I can't avoid floaters when buying online. But why make it such a nuisance for me to exchange the DVD? As I stated above, I had encounter this problem with other established online retailer and the exchange process is usually very smooth. And I have to add that I do not always had floaters from online purchases.

Last edited by ftsoh; 07-04-04 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-06-04, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,251 Likes on 861 Posts
I would not consider a disc to be defective just because it is a "floater." As somebody who usually comes down hard on retail entities and favors the consumer, I'm going to have to laugh at you now.
Old 07-06-04, 07:48 PM

Maybe I should chage the word "defective" to "scratched"
Old 07-07-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 330 Likes on 246 Posts
99% of the time, "Floaters" and/or scratched discs work fine when played. Even if I hear a loose DVD, I always open it up and test it. Granted, it would be nice to get a perfect package all the time...but as an above poster said, if you want to make sure not to get them, go to a B&M store and pick your own copy.