Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy ....return policy?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-04, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last month, I purchased a 20 pk. of Fujifilm CD-Rs from Best Buy and so far I've gotten error messages on ALL 4 discs that I've tried to use. Once they are corrupt, I need to get a new blank disc. This is the 1st time I've used Fujifilm brand and I thought they would be better than other cheapies that I've bought before. *sigh* as they say, 'Live and learn'.

But anyway, would it be possible to return these to BB? I still have the receipt although it has been over a month now. I can understand if they wouldn't give me my $$$ back since the box is already opened and partially used (4 out of 20). I figure maybe a store credit (gift card) for the unused discs. They came in a box of 2 10 packs and one of them remains fully sealed with the cellophane wrapping.

Has anyone had any similar experience with BB on this kind of 'return'?
Old 06-16-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
More than likely they won't do it. They WOULD have if it was under 30 days. Now they'll just tell you to call the manufacturer.
Old 06-17-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think since you are out of your 30 days your best bet is to call the manufactturer as previously posted.

But before you do you might want to call Best Buy and see what they tell you, maybe you'll get lucky (but don't hold your breath).
Old 06-21-04, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I contacted Fujifilm thru their website and they are sending me a return label. No $$$ back just a FREE replacement per their 'lifetime guarantee' policy. Not sure if they'll be sending me the discs or a certificate to use at a B&M but things seem to be working out fine. BTW, it was 5/11 when I purchased these at BB.
Old 06-26-04, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great to hear things are working out in this situation.