Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Overstock - BEWARE Bait and Switch/ Return Problems

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 06-11-04, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered for the first and last time from Overstock.com last month.

I had a free shipping coupon, so I ordered Disney Treasures: On the Front Lines.

I get an email saying my order shipped.

I receive a package a week or so later. But they sent me "Sex and the City, Season Six, Part One."

I called to complain and got perhaps the dizziest customer service representative ever. She did however apologize and said that the Disney Treasures DVD "had been discontinued." Obviously they had sold out and hoped I would just accept a more expensive item and be happy with it.

I told her I wanted to return it and they would have to pay for shipping. No problem, you will get an email with a label to print out. it's that simple.

Apparently not. I called five more times as the email never arrived. Two weeks later, I finally got someone who admitted the email had never gone put and he would expedite it.

I finally got the email today, almost three weeks after the initial call.

I will never order from these birdbrains again.
Old 06-11-04, 08:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's not really bait and switch.
Old 06-12-04, 01:09 PM

Yeah, I just don't like these people at all. I called them on tuesday about the "Dead Like Me" mix up, for which they said they'd email me return labels in 1-2 business days. Well, 4 days later I'm still waiting for that F$&%ing email. Talk about crap customer service. This will be my last order EVER from them.
Old 06-12-04, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey...I got some strange crap instead of Dead Like Me. Did everyone get something else too? I can't seem to get them take back this crap...but they have said "Sorry" about 1000 times.
Old 06-12-04, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by TheV
Hey...I got some strange crap instead of Dead Like Me. Did everyone get something else too? I can't seem to get them take back this crap...but they have said "Sorry" about 1000 times.
I got Playmakers instead. They seem to not want to take it back.
Old 07-27-04, 04:26 PM

still waiting on a refund for this. I have called the company 15 times. I returned the erroneous shipment in mid June. THIS COMPANY IS REALLY SHADY. Do not order from them and expect to receive what you ordered or receive good customer service.
Old 07-27-04, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by js097
still waiting on a refund for this. I have called the company 15 times. I returned the erroneous shipment in mid June. THIS COMPANY IS REALLY SHADY. Do not order from them and expect to receive what you ordered or receive good customer service.
That's how I feel too. It took 5 weeks from the time they received back my mixed up order to FINALLY get credited. NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Old 07-28-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not to minimize other people's problems with Overstock, but I recently had to return a showerhead to them -- it was defective -- and had a great experience. They e-mailed me a return UPS label (so I wouldn't have to pay the return shipping) right after I called, and then credited my credit card within a day of receiving the return. No complaints at all here.

I realize, of course, that this doesn't change anything for those who have had problems with them.
Old 07-28-04, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
One of the oddest things happened with my dad and Overstock.com. He got an email saying that he ordered a bunch of shirts and that they'll ship it as soon as he paypals them the money for the order. We thought that was pretty weird so he emailed them about it and they emailed him back a bunch of weird questions. So my dad responed with a cancel this order because I'm not paypaling you any money. About two days later we recieve a shipment with all these shirts that he didn't order. He tried to be the good guy and return it but they're not responding to his emails.
Old 07-28-04, 06:58 PM

I've ordered from Overstock.com several times and only had one problem that they promptly fixed. The one problem that happened was on an order with Simpsons season 3. They had the lowest price and a 10% off coupon. They order got "lost" in the mail and they sent me another with no hassles at all.
Old 07-29-04, 11:39 AM
Cool New Member

Twice Overstock has shipped the wrong item. Twice they refunded me the money and I got to keep the items. Although I have come out ahead, I only order from them now if it is really on sale and I am up to dealing with their problems.
Old 08-20-04, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had a similar experience, only with a better outcome. They shipped me the wrong item...took ages to get anything out of them, but they finally did ship the proper item and told me to keep the original. Nontheless, I will never order from them again...too much hassle to save a few bucks.