Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question about Online Retailers

Old 05-23-04, 09:55 PM

Question about Online Retailers

Which stores have a tendency to ship before release date and therefore you have your DVDs in hand before release date?

I ordered Buffy S6 from BN.com (had a gift card) and it still hasn't shipped yet. Way back when, I had pre-ordered Man on the Moon from Amazon.com, I received it 4 days ahead of schedule.

I enjoy getting my stuff early. Which stores are good for it?

Thanks for the help.

TK
Old 05-24-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

While Amazon is a good store they wouldn't be my first choice for receiving orders early or on time. Most of the time I receive preorders 1 to 3 days after the release date. But they are dependable and offer good customer service.

A good store for early shipping and delivery is DVDEmpire. They always ship my preorders on the Friday before the release date. However I would strongly recommend upgrading shipping to priority mail to speed up the delivery time. If you go with standard delivery (media mail) it will most likely arrive later. But it is hard to find a store that ships in stock items faster.

Also I have had good luck with Digitaleyes. Most of my preorders ship the Tuesday before the release date and arrive on or a day after, but that is because of media mail. Upgraded shipping to priority mail would be a better choice if you want your order early.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-24-04 at 03:08 PM.