Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Has anybody here sold to secondspin.com?

Old 04-26-04, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Has anybody here sold to secondspin.com?

How did you ship your CDs to them? 4th class (media mail), 1st class, or UPS / Fedex? If you shipped via 4th class, I assume that your CDs were received by them with no problems?

I have ~ 65 CDs with a selling value to second spin of $198, I could send this box off cheaply with 4th class, it's going to be ~ $5 extra to send it via a method that can be tracked.
Old 04-26-04, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Media Mail. But I would never do business with them. Once I sent them two orders at the same time, and the COMPLETELY declined the second order because they said EVERY SINGLE DISC was scratched. It was complete bs, and I was out $25 shipping.
Old 04-26-04, 11:49 AM

i sold 4 dvds to them last month and only one got rejected. They shipped the "scratched" dvd back to me via media mail. i think they are all right Btw, the shipping of 4 dvd is about $6 US from Canada via ground mail.
Old 04-26-04, 12:39 PM

I have sold to secondspin numerous times over the past 3 years and have never had any problem at all. I will say that they are the most "picky" buyer I have ever sold to. They will reject every scratched disc even if the scratch is tiny and 100% unlikely to cause a skip. Of course, they have always shipped my scratched discs back to me at their own expense.
Old 04-27-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've sold and bought from them over the years and never had a problem. Yes, they are "picky," but I appreciate this when I'm the buyer...
Old 04-27-04, 06:23 PM

I have sold to them in the past and I'm getting ready to drop some more off later this week. I think they're great.
Old 04-27-04, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, my work is about 5 minutes from their retail location, so about once a year I'll take cds and sometimes dvds to sell to them in one fell swoop. They're really picky when it comes to scratches and such, but they pay top dollar - well, top dollar compared to other retail stores. If you don't mind the hastle, you're much better off selling on Ebay, or Half.
Old 04-28-04, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was really wondering if I had to worry about sending something to them via media mail, but I went to a postal outlet today, media mail was ~ $7.50 with tracking, 1st class was something like $25, and UPS was $18.

I sent it 4th class, with tracking. I had screened the CDs I was selling and pulled out any with even small scratches, so I should be OK.