Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix availability - total BS?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix availability - total BS?

Old 08-17-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been with Netflix for about four months now, and haven't seen this problem yet. It does take 2-3 days to get the movies though, and that is frustrating. Even if I watch a movie the day I get it, and send it back the next day, I'm still looking at a one-week turnaround, at least.

But it's still cheaper than BB.
Old 08-19-04, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Netflix has been great for me lately. If I mail a disk on mon., I have a new release back at my home on wed. Got two yesterday.
Old 08-31-04, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
I tried Nicheflix for a few months, but canceled because I only had a few titles I really wanted to see. But, they have a pretty cool feature: you can group things together in your queue. For example, group together B5. If you have all 7 discs in your queue and grouped, it will only send you the first disc in that grouping. If it's not available, it skips the grouping altogether and moves on to the next available movie or grouping. It's the perfect way to ensure you only get the next disc in a set without having to see disc 6 before discs 1-5. Too bad Netflix couldn't start this idea.
Sounds like a good idea. I wish Netflix would do that.

I also wish they would let families have more than one queue. I would get a 5 or 8 disc membership if they would let me have three queues. As it is now, it's too hard to keep track of whose movies are at the top of the list. It would be so much easier if when they got a kid movie returned, they sent the next kid movie. It would be a handy feature for families with different age movie watchers, but even individuals could make more than one queue if they didn't want to have too much of one genre at a time.

I sent Netflix an email about this last summer but no response. Am I crazy? Maybe everyone else has an easy time with this, but I've had things skipped in my queue so that instead of getting my son's movie, I'd get an R rated one-- giving me three movies and him none.

tasha
Old 09-03-04, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is completely opposite.

Things that show 'Long Wait' ship out to me anyway. Da Ali G Show disc 1 is the latest example. As were Mean Streets and After Hours...they were sent to me as well.
Old 09-04-04, 12:20 AM

blockbuster is even worse just recently twice in a row its skipped over my first choices. the first time it skipped four.(the top two were still available). the second time they must have skipped my whole list because i didnt even think i had the title on my q.

not that netflix isnt bad either theyve received one of my titles today(friday) but they wont ship the next one until tuesday.
Old 10-08-04, 08:55 AM

I was elated when Netflix opened up a distribution center in Columbia, where I live and work. They've been really good, as far as receiving and shipping until recently. I would drop the movie in the box on a Monday, they would receive by 8:30 the next morning, and I would have another movie by Wednesday. I was dropping the movies either into the Main Post Office, where their P.O. Box is ACTUALLY LOCATED, or up the street, at a stand alone box, about 1/4 mile from the post office. This box has a 10:30 pickup, so I thought I would be fine. Well, Wednesday I dropped it into this box, and has of 9:30 this morning, they still have not received it! It looks as though I'm being penalized by being a heavy user. I have also noticed that I'm receiving the movies on the day I'm supposed to (ie: two days) rather than a day earlier prior to them opening up the Columbia branch. That's cool, though, because I'm just thinking that the movie did not come out of Columbia. What is my next option? Hand-delivering it? Putting a confirmation green card on it with a tracking number to let me know when they received it? I let it slide quite often when it had to go to Duluth/Atlanta, it taking six days, but it should not take two days to go 1/4 mile, if it's even that far. I am going to contact them about this. I sent another off yesterday, so I'm interested to find out if this will be a continuing trend. I guess the bottom line is, if I'm unhappy, I can cancel it. Nobody is holding a gun to my head.
Old 10-08-04, 09:25 AM

Just saw that the movie I sent back yesterday was received this morning. So, the movie I sent back on Wednesday has still not arrived. Glad I reported it lost, I guess.