Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney Treasures at Amazon - orders placed last year

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-04, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the upcoming May 18th releases of the wave 3 Walt Disney Treasures at Amazon back in September of last year before they were delayed from December to May. I left the orders intact with the STL and free shipping with the same end price I could get if I ordered them now. I finally checked their status.

Both of my orders say the expected release and delivery dates are still in December 2003, but if I click the links on the DVDs they go to the product pages with the right release dates.

My questions:
- Are other people who left their old orders in place at Amazon also seeing incorrect delivery dates for the Walt Disney Treasures?
- Should I be worried that because the delivery dates are wrong on mine that they won't ship my DVDs on time? For instance, I'm worried maybe they assigned a different product code in their system for the ones with the updated release date and my old orders will be lost in the shuffle with all the newly placed orders going out long before mine ever does.

I sent them an email asking these questions, and I receive a completely useless computer-generated response, so I thought I'd ask here as I expect many others are in the same situation. Thanks.
Old 04-08-04, 12:31 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Don't worry about those delivery dates. They are not accurate. As long as the products still link to the correct product pages, you will be fine.

Btw, I also preordered a couple of the wave 3 tins last year.
Old 04-08-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have left my preorders in place since the middle of last year. I lost my share the love discount though.... so I may cancel and reorder.
Old 04-08-04, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My order from September is just like yours. STL discount and free shipping still in place. Just waiting for late May now.
Old 04-08-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Just Lurking
My order from September is just like yours. STL discount and free shipping still in place. Just waiting for late May now.
Same here.
Old 04-11-04, 05:55 AM
Cool New Member

I'm in the same situation but I e-mailed Amazon and they corrected the shipping/arrival date and assured me, that I would get them delivered on time.

///Martin
Old 04-12-04, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I broke down and cancelled and reordered with STL so hopefully these arent first come first served and they can fill all preorders. I had originally only ordered two of them but now I ordered all four.
Old 04-12-04, 06:21 PM
Cool New Member

well, Ive had these on preorder since last sept

i have on the front lines, Donald Duck, and Mickey Mouse all on preorder since last Sept. I preordered the front lines from DVDempire, but I preordered the Mickey & Donald sets from Amazon.com w/free shipping. I have waited so long for these sets, when I first heard it was delayed I wanted to cancel all orders, but what sense does that make when you still want them. I ordered all with a money order, and it doesnt expire till after a year so I should be fine. But if Disney decides to delay it AGAIN for another six months I'm up the creek. I wonder how long it will take Amazon to ship my order w/free shipping since its a preorder, and I hope they dont give my copies to someone else since I asked for free shipping. Im afraid these treasure sets will sell out fast, because of the back orders. I could just cry...