Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDPlanet Question

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDPlanet Question

Old 03-24-04, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVDPlanet Question

Not been that recent of a thread discussing the Planet through my search.. How long is it these days they send you a shipping confirmation? I read negative things lately of DVDPlanet but I wanted to buy Wild Strawberries, and it was best price..

It has been a couple days since my order.

Thanks for any response.
Old 03-24-04, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had an order confirmation on the 11th and a shipping confirmation on the 12th earlier this month.
Old 03-31-04, 03:56 PM

I just wanted to point out my great time with DVDPlanet..

I make an order on March 21st.. March 29th nothing has happened yet I call them, they tell me an order never happened.. I make the order again this time paying more because of shipping.. They end up charging me for the one DVD two times and sending them out.. Needless to say I was not pleased and told them about it.. I won't be shopping at the Planet ever again.

Just pointing out my experience for those thinking about it.
Old 03-31-04, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DVDPlanet got bought out last year and since then have been the worst online retailer. Do a search on DVDplanet from the past year and see what threads pop up. Looks like things haven't improved much...I went through the exact same crap 6 months ago. LOL, when you send the duplicate disc back you probably won't even get credit for it, so be certain to use a trackable method to do so.
Old 10-10-07, 03:57 PM

I'll just ask my question here, rather than start a new thread.

I ordered a few TV sets from DVDPlanet recently. When I got the package, several of them had loose discs that were scratched up. In the returns form on the packing slip, there's a space to indicate whether the DVDs were skipping, wouldn't load, etc; I don't want to watch episodes out of order just to verify that the discs are going to have issues - I just want unscratched discs. Will DVDPlanet replace the discs even if I indicate that I haven't tested them? I'm not happy with scratched-up discs.
Old 10-10-07, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cathepsin
I just want unscratched discs. Will DVDPlanet replace the discs even if I indicate that I haven't tested them? I'm not happy with scratched-up discs.
Yeah I received a disc from them that became loose during shipping. Sent it back and included a note regarding it, got a replacement.
Old 10-10-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
Why not email them your question directly?
Have you had satisfaction with their e-mail turnaround? I'd call if you want a timely answer as I've never gotten a response to most e-mails I've sent them.