Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-04, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon Problem

Is it just me, or is placing an order for a preorder item not working? I can place an item that's already been released into my shopping cart, but preorders never appear in my shopping cart.

Example: Last night, I attempted to place Schindler's List in my shopping cart. At that time, Schindler's List was a preorder, so it was a no go for me. However, this afternoon I was able to place Schindler's List in my shopping cart with no problem.

I'm having this problem with all my Amazon accounts - even my g/f's account and my brother's account are acting the same way.

Anyone else running into the same problem?
Old 03-09-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was able to preorder the Jetsons Season 1 set last night without any problems. However I did add it to my cart through my STL page if that makes a difference.
Old 03-09-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah, everything is fine now - I dunno.
Old 03-12-04, 12:43 PM

On the subjects of preorders --

I've placed several items order of which some are due in a month or more , in the past Amazon used to ship out the available items as a better service even though I selected group shipping .

Has anyone else noticed this as well ?
Old 03-14-04, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Gilo
On the subjects of preorders --

I've placed several items order of which some are due in a month or more , in the past Amazon used to ship out the available items as a better service even though I selected group shipping .

Has anyone else noticed this as well ?
This happens quite often to me. However, they may have some sort of algorithm, e.g. one item is available now, while the other item(s) will be available in two months or more. If that is the case, they will probably send out the item now, instead of having you wait for the release date of all your items.
Old 03-14-04, 02:54 AM

Originally posted by victant
they will probably send out the item now, instead of having you wait for the release date of all your items.
That's what I meant it used to be , but it could be they are holding it because I've used GC credit so its not worth rushing out the order as they already got the money ..
Old 03-19-04, 07:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Gilo
it could be they are holding it because I've used GC credit so its not worth rushing out the order as they already got the money ..
I am sorry but I find it funny when you read posts by people that think a retailer that handles the amount of orders like Amazon must deal with on a daily basis, think they have someone keeping watch over the orders and picking out certain ones because they were paid using a gc and holding on to them. I know of a guy who thinks that Amazon lied about some towels being on backorder hoping he cancels the order just because the price went up a couple of dollars.

Does this seem likely from a company that will not only send out a replacement for an order that tracking shows as delivered but even upgrades the shipping at no cost as a policy?

Granted sometimes there website does funky stuff and my orders might seem weird while waiting for them to ship, but Amazon has been nothing but awesome, in every issue I have ever contacted them about in the last 5 years.*

*this post paid for by the people to elect Jeff Bezos

Last edited by jaelliot; 03-19-04 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-20-04, 08:59 AM

*this post paid for by the people to elect Jeff Bezos
Very likely because all I said was that Amazon is in no hurry to dispatch the order since it is GC , I didn't say it is a scam BUT -

compared to the way they use to rush out my cash orders as items become available they sure are taking their time with this one ( 2 weeks now and still I'm not arguing that it is their right to hold it ).

I know of a guy who thinks that Amazon lied about some towels being on backorder hoping he cancels the order just because the price went up a couple of dollars.
I'm not even thinking that way , why the Casablanca : SE is now even cheaper ( 26% sale and they call it red hot sale ) so if I'd cancel the order and place it again I'll save a wooping 25 cents ...