Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

check your cc statements from the ddd 20% coupons

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got my statement today and a mysterious $7 charge was on there from a .com that i've never heard of. Wli*buyerassurance.Com
i googled the 800 number that was next to the url and it took me to ripoffreport.com. so i called the number and it said that i signed up through deepdiscountdvd.com and would get a $10 off my next order through them. i told them i didn't want it and cancelled the cervice and was credited the $7 back. this was the first time i saw this on my statement so i assume it was from my orders with the 20% off coupons last month. i know that just about everyone on this board made at least one purchase with these coupons, so keep an eye out for these guys.
Old 01-20-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Nothing like that on my CC, and I've placed about 8 orders with them in the past two months (including the coupon frenzy).
Old 01-20-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No unusual charges have been posted on my credit card. I have made about 6 purchases since the sale. But this reminds me of the problem DDD was having several years ago with customers getting signed up for offers they didn't want through pop up windows on their site.
Old 01-20-04, 06:33 PM

I didn't get any mysterious charge on my account on my last month's statement where I used the DDD 20% discount.

Although a few months ago, I did get a strange charge on my account from a place called 'Modern Equip SLS'. I had no idea what company it was and thought I might have bought something from them and forgot about it. It was only $6.16. So I just ignored it. When I got the credit card statement the following month, I was credited $6.16. So I guess they found their mistake and corrected it.
Old 01-21-04, 09:38 AM

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
There have been numerous threads about this in the past. After you placed your order, you clicked on a button that signed you up for this program disguised as a "Click here to claim your $10 gift" or something like that.
Old 01-21-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the headsup...ill look out for it
Old 01-21-04, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought DDD quit this after many threats regarding the BBB.
Old 01-22-04, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wonder if constanza may have clicked this at DDD?

Old 01-22-04, 01:41 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank God I didn't incur such a mysterious charge on my CC after my first purchase with DDD during the 20% off sale.

I try hard not to click on those special reward or bizrate's chance to win $50 baits after completing an order at certain websites.
Old 01-22-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No mysterious charge in my CC statement either.
Old 01-27-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unlike any of you guys/gals. I did click on that stupid button that authorized them to charge me whatever and give me that buyer's assurance crap.

I even printed out screen grabs so I could get the ph# to cancel.

I called up buyers assurance two days later (cuz it was the weekend) and they said that I wasn't in their database and I haven't seen any charges yet!

I am still crossing my fingers and checking statements frequently!
Old 01-27-04, 01:42 PM
Suspended

Re: check your cc statements from the ddd 20% coupons

Originally posted by costanza
i got my statement today and a mysterious $7 charge was on there from a .com that i've never heard of. Wli*buyerassurance.Com
i googled the 800 number that was next to the url and it took me to ripoffreport.com. so i called the number and it said that i signed up through deepdiscountdvd.com and would get a $10 off my next order through them. i told them i didn't want it and cancelled the cervice and was credited the $7 back. this was the first time i saw this on my statement so i assume it was from my orders with the 20% off coupons last month. i know that just about everyone on this board made at least one purchase with these coupons, so keep an eye out for these guys.
Hmmm, I wonder if thats the source for a charge on my card. It was on a car I havent used in 6 months easy from a company I've never heard of: Names4ever for 7.95. Very weird.

My credit card company turned the charge around without any hassle, so it's no big deal. It just sucks that DDD does such shitty pratices like that.
Old 01-27-04, 09:18 PM

I was charged and posted a seperate thread on this same subject yesterday because I didn't see this thread. You guys should write to DDD to express your displeasure with this practice. I told them I wouldn't be buying from them anymore because of this.
Jason Danio
Old 01-31-04, 09:02 AM
MSD

So if you simply clicked the button you atuomaticly get signed up and charged?? How can you cancel?
Old 01-31-04, 03:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thank god for other online retailers such as Amazon.com. I quit ordering from DDD after they continued to sign me up for stuff after they promised not to do it anymore once before. They will continue to do it until it hits them in the pocketbook. I heard an interesting bit of trivia the other day. In the history of Amazon.com not one single credit card has ever been compromised because of their site. Pretty impressive considering the amount of sales they must do.
Old 02-02-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: check your cc statements from the ddd 20% coupons

Originally posted by El-Kabong
Hmmm, I wonder if thats the source for a charge on my card. It was on a car I havent used in 6 months easy from a company I've never heard of: Names4ever for 7.95. Very weird.
Names4ever is a domain name registrar. Do you have your own website? You may have registered your domain name with someone else and it got transferred to names4ever.
Old 02-02-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Out of curiosity, what does DDD have to say about the topic?