Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD slow processing!

Old 01-06-04, 04:29 AM

Deep Discount DVD slow processing!

Hi all,

I placed an order for Two Tower Gift Set and Alien Quad on 24 Dec 2003, until now my order is still in Open Status, I sent them 2 emails and no reply to date. Can anybody tell me does it usually take this long for them to process a order during the holiday seasons? And what is going on with their customer service? No replies to emails??

Thanks.
Old 01-06-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Call them. I don't think they answer emails.
Old 01-06-04, 09:50 AM

They answer e-mails, but usually a week or so after you submit it. Used to be, my orders at DDD would arrive about a week after I place them. Nowadays, they usually don't ship until 10 days to two weeks or longer after the order is placed.
Old 01-06-04, 09:57 AM

Arrghh but i live in Singapore, calling them would means international calling rates. Damn!
Old 01-08-04, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by otmetrud
They answer e-mails, but usually a week or so after you submit it. Used to be, my orders at DDD would arrive about a week after I place them. Nowadays, they usually don't ship until 10 days to two weeks or longer after the order is placed.
I emailed them on the 2nd of Jan, got tracking # email reply on the 3rd. No other communication since. Looking for a lost in the mail Criterion. Not too happy with this situation, otherwise DDD is pretty good.

Raven

Edit: Just recieved a reply and another shipping notification for missing movie, 4 hours after I posted this.

Last edited by RavenTwo; 01-08-04 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-09-04, 11:49 AM

Ok, DDD has just shipped my dvds to Singapore for Free! Now that's what i call good customer service!

Thanks DDD!
Old 01-11-04, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Consider yourself lucky. I placed a large order on December 2nd, and my last DVD finally shipped today.

Did I mention some of the DVDs were supposed to be Christmas gifts?
Old 01-12-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Randy Miller III
Consider yourself lucky. I placed a large order on December 2nd, and my last DVD finally shipped today.

Did I mention some of the DVDs were supposed to be Christmas gifts?
Consider yourself lucky. I placed a large order on November 27, and I'm still waiting for two items on backorder.
Old 01-13-04, 03:52 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm still waiting for my Lone Wolf & Cub - anyone get theirs since it went on backorder?
Old 01-13-04, 04:18 AM

While we're on the subject...any received Profiler Season 2?!?!? A whole month and nada...still haven't received a response to my email either.

Last edited by iove; 01-28-04 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-13-04, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ordered a dvd Jan. 3rd, Expected it 5-7 days. Received a shipping confirmation yesterday. It's due to arrive between Jan. 22-25.

A lil slow? I think so!
Old 01-13-04, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, it doesn't seem that processing orders in a timely fashion are a high priority over there.
Old 01-13-04, 10:32 AM

I have been a customer of DDD for around three years now. It seems their processing and shipping times have gotten much longer over the past several month. Used to be when you placed an order for In Stock items you'd get a shipping notice in about a day and preorders often shipped early. Now it seems orders sit in Processing status for many days before being shipped or listed as backorders. Still, unless they get much worse I won't be switching because most of the time they do offer the best deals and with so many DVD's at home backed up that I haven't watched yet I don't always need something on the day it comes out. Usually popular titles are cheaper the first week at places like Best Buy or Circuit City and I buy those items there on Tuesdays.
Old 01-15-04, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Originally posted by MrN
I'm still waiting for my Lone Wolf & Cub - anyone get theirs since it went on backorder?
I'm still waiting on the same thing as well.
Old 01-18-04, 05:25 PM

I have ordered from deep discount dvd for years also.. So when the 20% off deal came up before christmas I did not think twice about ordering. That is where I made a mistake. I ordered only 4 things. They were all "in-stock" on the site so I put the order in. I even recieved a e-mail (like always) that the items were being shipped. The order was placed on 12/5/03. The items were "shipped" on 12/15. Not bad. However i am still waiting on them. I have e-mailed them many times. Called there 1-800# several times and have recieved no response to the e-mails and every time I call the 800# I get no answer. If anyone knows what the next step I should take is please let me know because I have already been charged the total amount on my visa. I would welcome any help with this one. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with this site.....THANKS!!!!!
Old 01-19-04, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by auddette
. . . If anyone knows what the next step I should take is please let me know because I have already been charged the total amount on my visa. I would welcome any help with this one. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with this site.....THANKS!!!!!
I would keep trying to call. It sounds like it just got lost in the mail and that they will need to re-ship. It shouldn't be a problem . . . they are, generally, really good about that. Your definitely past the shipping minimum time to wait before they'll resend.

I have to say that I am surprised whe I hear about people not being able to reach them by phone. I've had to wait and listem to "hold music" before, but I've always gotten through . . .
Old 01-19-04, 12:03 PM

I am going to keep trying to call and e-mail. Hopefully I will get some type of answer to this mess.
Old 01-19-04, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am going to keep trying to call and e-mail. Hopefully I will get some type of answer to this mess.
I just called customer service only a few minutes ago and had no problems getting through. What time of the day are you calling?
Old 01-19-04, 04:01 PM

I have tried at differant time of the day. Last time I tried was around 2:00 P.M. EST.
Old 01-19-04, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have tried at differant time of the day. Last time I tried was around 2:00 P.M. EST.
Sort of weird you are having so much trouble calling. I just tried phoning again out of curiosity, and it was busy. But redialed once and was quickly connected to their automated service. Are you sure you are dialing the correct number? I've never had much luck contacting DDD by email but usually no problems calling. I cut and pasted DDD's hours and phone number from the site for you to double check.

To reach Customer Service via telephone call toll-free 800-264-5076. Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT.
Old 01-20-04, 02:06 AM

Thank you very much for the help I will try tomorrow and see if I can get a answer. Again thanks for all the help and I will keep you posted on the progress.
Old 01-21-04, 11:10 PM

I got ahold of them today and they were very helpfull... I am not sure why I was not getting a answer the other times I called. This time it went right ti the music and within 1 min. someone answered.... Everything I hope is taken care of and the items have been resent out. So I will see what happens. But as for there customer service after I talked to them was great. They were nothing but helpfull. I thank you all for your helpin all of this and will let you know if I do recieve the items.....
Old 01-22-04, 07:14 AM
Cool New Member

I, also, am waiting for them to ship The Profiler Season 2. Originally placed the order prior to release date. The date of release, my Order went from "Pre-Order" to "Back Order". When 20% coupons came out, cancelled original order and re-ordered (saved an additional $11.20). I have e-mailed numerous times asking about the delay. Every local store has this set on its shelves. Just about every other e-tailer has it in stock. I keep getting the same, stupid, non responsive answers to my e-mail inquiries. I have no idea why they are the only ones who, apparently, can't obtain this set from the distributor.
Old 01-22-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by matome
Yep, it doesn't seem that processing orders in a timely fashion are a high priority over there.
I have placed several orders with these guys over the past year, and the only cliche that comes to mind is: "You get what you pay for."

--LVM
Old 01-23-04, 01:51 PM

I never received any of my 12/5 order, even though repeated phone calls said it shipped on 12/12. The good news after my last phone call 1/13, I received my replacement order in just six days thanks to CSR, Matt and USPS Priority mail. total wait = 45 days, total savings $15.40.