Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Walmart - DVDs under lock and key

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Walmart - DVDs under lock and key

Old 01-08-04, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Pato1
The Walmart in Fairlakes, VA has DVDs out in the open as does the new one in Burke, VA. The WM in Kingstowne has them under lock and key and they generally have the highest DVD prices out of the 3 in my area.
Hey dude. Looks like we visit the same ones. I used to live closer to the Kingstowne one, but the one in Burke is now the closest for me. I'm glad the Burke one keeps them out in the open (also like the self checkout lanes, which I like to use at Home Depot and Giant Food too).
Old 01-08-04, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by John-In-VA
Hey dude. Looks like we visit the same ones. I used to live closer to the Kingstowne one, but the one in Burke is now the closest for me. I'm glad the Burke one keeps them out in the open (also like the self checkout lanes, which I like to use at Home Depot and Giant Food too).
Howdy neighbor I really like the Burke Walmart as it is very clean and orderly. The Kingstowne WM is a POS; the electronics dept. looks like a war zone. I just picked up the Godfather Trilogy from the Burke WM for $45. They seem to have some good deals on DVDs and their electronics dept. is well organized.
Old 01-08-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 183 Likes on 158 Posts
Local WM still leave out the DVDs on the shelf. However, they also attach additional anti-theft devices to the box sets.
Old 01-08-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Stats
Employee shrinkage can also be a major problem, esp. at a high turnover place like WMT.
Very true.
Old 01-09-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Stats
One of them had successfully stolen a big screen TV
Wow!
Even theives strive to aim high. Not like those looser thieves that take a video game or a movie. This guy steals a BIGscreen TV and had gotten away with it. How did he do it?
Old 01-11-04, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by resinrats
Wow!
Even theives strive to aim high. Not like those looser thieves that take a video game or a movie. This guy steals a BIGscreen TV and had gotten away with it. How did he do it?
He'd probably also just stolen a pair of WalMart's famous FADED GLORY extra baggy, ballooned seat, acid wash, 48" jeans.

Still... that's a pretty big ticket item to shove down your pants.
Old 01-12-04, 12:00 AM

my friend who works at WM told me people steal dvds all the time by ripping the plastic off and only taking the actual dvds inside. tne WMs around me are all locked up probably because it's a college town
Old 01-12-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by nodoubt
my friend who works at WM told me people steal dvds all the time by ripping the plastic off and only taking the actual dvds inside. tne WMs around me are all locked up probably because it's a college town
Stealing DVDs like that not only happens at Wal-Mart but many other retailers.