Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I will NEVER use DDD every again!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-03, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made a larger order $400 on Nov 26th. Today, Dec, 8th, my order status still says "in process" when I check it online. I have called 5 times, and always get a different excuse why it has not shipped. No one there knows whats going on, and they just feed you BS. Stay away from these crooks at all costs!

-Jericko
Old 12-08-03, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: I will NEVER use DDD every again!

Originally posted by jericko
Stay away from these crooks at all costs!
DDD doesn't charge until they ship. So how exactly are they crooks?
Old 12-08-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also you didn't state how many DVDs were in stock or back ordered.
Old 12-08-03, 02:09 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm shocked that they would run low on inventory after a well-advertised big sale.
Old 12-08-03, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: I will NEVER use DDD every again!

I made a larger order $400 on Nov 26th. ....

Too bad you didn't wait until November 27th to take advantage of the coupon.
Old 12-08-03, 02:23 PM

good bye
Old 12-08-03, 03:02 PM

All my dvd are in stock, and guess what, my card had been charged!!!!!! Each time I call, I get a different reason, such as, The warehouse lost your slip, or they had problems verifying my address, even though I have ordered from the 20+ times. I do like their prices, as they are usually the cheapest.

BTW, I noticed the day of the coupon, alot of prices were jacked up. I paid 74.99 for the 007 box sets, not they are 84. I still got a better price then Best Buy, if I ever get them.
Old 12-08-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: I will NEVER use DDD every again!

Originally posted by marty888
Too bad you didn't wait until November 27th to take advantage of the coupon.
There was a coupon for DDD????
Old 12-08-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by nodoubt
good bye
Huh?
Old 12-08-03, 03:15 PM

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? My Credit Card told me i can dispute the charge, but I dont want to do that, i just want my DVDs, as they are 90% of my x-mas gifts. Like I said, I have done around 20 orders, and have never had a problem. I always pre-order the Dr Who dvd, and they show up on my doorstep the day they are released in stores.
Its just now that there is a problem, and I call them almost every day, no one seems to knowwhats going on. each CSR I call tells me that the CSR I spoke to before was wrong. But nothing ever gets fixed. My order still shows "in process" and my Credit Card has been charged.
Old 12-08-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
Yeah, I will never use DDD "every" again, either!!! Take that.
Old 12-08-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? My Credit Card told me i can dispute the charge, but I dont want to do that, i just want my DVDs, as they are 90% of my x-mas gifts.
The charge on your credit card is most likely an authorization and not a full capture. It will expire in about 10 days and your available balance will increase to what it was. Once your items become available to ship DDD will either perform another authorization or a full capture.

I wouldn't necessary dispute the charges. If you have chosen free shipping, I would contact DDD to see if they could upgrade it to expedited or 2 day air. Assuming they ship your items by Dec 20, at least this will give you enough time prepare your gifts once they arrive.
Old 12-08-03, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? My Credit Card told me i can dispute the charge, but I dont want to do that, i just want my DVDs, as they are 90% of my x-mas gifts. Like I said, I have done around 20 orders, and have never had a problem. I always pre-order the Dr Who dvd, and they show up on my doorstep the day they are released in stores.
Its just now that there is a problem, and I call them almost every day, no one seems to knowwhats going on. each CSR I call tells me that the CSR I spoke to before was wrong. But nothing ever gets fixed. My order still shows "in process" and my Credit Card has been charged.
Honestly, I think you are probably fine . . . I never trust the "In Process" status in my order . . . I've actually received DVD's before that status was updated. Go by the date of the "Order Shipped" email . . . it'll generally arrive about a week later. Have you gotten one of those?
Old 12-08-03, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by talemyn
Honestly, I think you are probably fine . . . I never trust the "In Process" status in my order . . . I've actually received DVD's before that status was updated. Go by the date of the "Order Shipped" email . . . it'll generally arrive about a week later. Have you gotten one of those?
Nope, no shipped email yet. I am just hope I get them in time for x-mas!
Old 12-08-03, 10:23 PM

i will never use it anymore during the christmas holiday because usually i get my crap earlier

it's just because of christmas
Old 12-09-03, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
I really have to wonder what they were thinking when they offered a 20% coupon during the busiest shopping time of the year!

I have ordered many times from them, and not a hitch. I ordered a few discs on 12/4 only to discover that one was out-of-stock (even though the website said it was in).... it is now the 8th and still no shipping notice.

I thought that they did a brisk enough business and their prices low enough that they didn't have to offer further discounts. I would gladly forgo the 20% if it meant getting the quality service and turnaround I have received in the past.
Old 12-09-03, 09:16 AM

I have two large orders that are in process as well. I'm pretty sure they are trying to fill the smaller orders first. They probably didn't expect such a high volume of orders, and under normal staffing, it will take alot more time to fill all of them. If you choose never to shop with them again, it's your loss. The profit they made by selling you your DVDs is probably negated by the frequency of your customer service calls.

Also they generally raise prices of new releases either one or two weeks after they come out. Alot of people think they did it just for this sale, but it's something they do all year round. They lower the price on the first week to compete with the Best Buy and Circuit City release prices.
Old 12-09-03, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
USPS is really slow this time of year- MediaMail can often take twice as long.

As it stands for me, it usually takes at least a week for me to receive something from DDD.
Old 12-09-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They probably didn't expect such a high volume of orders, and under normal staffing, it will take alot more time to fill all of them.
Perhaps... but they had been hiring new help just before the coupon, probably to deal with the holiday rush. Their parking lot is always overflowing these days.
Old 12-09-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I received my order today, about 5-6 days after I ordered. Very happy with this service.

No complaints here, got my X-MAS gifts way ahead of time.
Old 12-09-03, 06:36 PM

They always handled my orders well including a number of mis-prices that they've honored. I generally don't mind waiting for my order though, I might be more stressed if I were waiting for Xmas gifts. I ordered 14 DVDs/sets with the coupon on 12/1 and got shipping notice on 12/8 for all except Simpons 3 and MST3K set 2.
Old 12-09-03, 11:46 PM

I ordered some DVDs on the 26th as well. I recieved a shipping e-mail and with free shipping the estimated arrival date is between 12/10 - 12/15. Your spewing fire from your eyes on the 8th.

You're paying 400 dollars when you should be paying 500. For your sake, I hope you get your DVDs, and I hope you learn some patience when it comes to taking advantage of online purchasing or you're going to live with a lot of disappointment in the future.

Good luck on getting your stuff.
Old 12-10-03, 08:37 AM

Chill people - log online and check the status. They are very slow to ship - but typically are the cheapest site.

If you dont get the items and get nothing resolved then dispute it - otherwise hang tight...

Im so glad I dont run a business and have some of these people for customers...
Old 12-10-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by AtlDVD
Im so glad I dont run a business and have some of these people for customers...
So true.
Old 12-10-03, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just checked my order status and all the stuff that was supposed to be shipped on 12/5 now says "N/A". I don't know why so many people here are up the arse of DDD, but their prices AREN'T that good and only the 20% off deal made it worthwhile, but now at the cost of wondering if your Xmas gifts are going to arrive on time.

DDD is teh suck.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.