Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone have an order cancelled by DDD?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-03, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 3 weeks ago I emailed Deep Discount DVD to cancel PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, but left 3 other titles on the order.

Just yesterday (12/3) I received an email telling me that my entire order was cancelled, yet DIRTY DANCING which was also on the "cancelled" email was being processed.

I called DDD to see what was going on. The customer service person who seemed pleasant admitted to me that she didn't have a clue as to why this order was cancelled.

She didn't even offer to reorder those titles herself as an apology. Instead she suggested I submit a new order for those cancelled titles.

Anyone else have a similar problem with an automatically cancelled order from DDD?
Old 12-04-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

No, I've never had this problem. This means you'll be able to replace the order now with a coupon though so you should save a couple bucks, yes?
Old 12-04-03, 11:01 AM

In answer to Yakuza Bengoshi, most titles on my cancelled order were pre-orders, so I couldn't replace the order with a coupon since all titles were pre-orders.

In the meantime, I just received an email from DDD:

Dear valued customer,

Due to a system error, you received an e-mail informing you of the cancellation of your backordered item on 12/03/03. We are in the process of replacing your order at the original price. Because we are re-placing your orders internally you will not see the new order on your online order status. However, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with the new order number for the cancelled item. You will also receive an e-mail when the order ships. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best regards,

Customer Service
DeepDiscountDVD.com

At least they admitted their error!
Old 12-04-03, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got a cancellation email for an order placed a few weeks ago, but just now, I got another email saying that the cancellation was an error an the order will be reinstated. This is probably the same thing that happened to you.

Edit: Guess I was too slow.
Old 12-04-03, 03:16 PM

To D-Ball, yes I too got the cancellation error message.

I submitted a replacement order before I got their message. Now I'll have to cancel one of the orders unless I want 2 copies of everything!

Is DDD going to do anything more tangible than just replace the original order as their way of saying, "I'm sorry"?
Old 12-04-03, 03:36 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

I had the same thign happen, and the order was replaced

dvdirv, what do you want them to do, everyone makes mistakes.
Old 12-04-03, 10:22 PM

To answer Corky Roxbury, a discount applied to a future order would be reasonable.