Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

New Thread for Free_.coms (Experiences)

Old 11-13-03, 05:11 PM
Cool New Member

New Thread for Free_.coms (Experiences)

First off,

I will admit that I am only a few weeks into this sometimes cool sometimes pain in the ass process. I would like to start a thread that lets us newbies experience your experiences after you have made your purchase.

I have read enough to see that there are some good free_.coms but how about a place where you tell us how your order went.

AKA: How long it took after you placed your order and any hassels you may have experienced.

Thanks for reading,

Linefinder
Old 11-13-03, 07:01 PM

I have done many of these sites (namely the 3 main DVD sites and freevideogames.com) and have had mostly good experiences.
Here is my take:

1. FreeDVD4me.com - the best thing about them is the customer service, but the Bonus DVD offer is also great. They respond to emails quickly and credit you when you need to get points added manually... you can complete most offers painlessly (see other threads to learn about cancelling, tricks, etc.) I would say I have gotten all DVDs within 2 weeks of ordering them, and the bonus ones come even a bit quicker. They use Overstock as their supplier so they are connected to a big name like that and their catalog. I have never had a problem with this site.

2. FreeDVDs.com - before FreeDVD4me came along, I would have said this was the best site for DVDs. Their customer service is OK, has significantly deteriorated over the past 8 months... whereas I used to get email responses quickly, now it takes several days, and there have been several times where I did not get a response. They will add points manually, but seem more resistant to doing so. Orders get filled within a couple of days and for the most part, unless something is backordered, I have gotten them within 2 weeks. Some think they have a better point value per offer than #1, but with the bonus it is questionable. Overall though, while some orders remained backordered for quite some time (but can be cancelled if b/o'd) I have not had many problems with them.

3. Your FreeDVDs.com - While their customer support in general is pretty horrible (dont ever expect to get any kind of response to your emails) and I had many problems getting points credited (took a fax, and multitudes of emails), I have actually gotten several DVDs from them. And there is a live person who can sometimes be reached (Dan) to help out when there are problems. But I would use this site last of the 3.

4. FreeVideogames.com - ditto for FreeDVDs.com. No problems. One or two games I ordered took a while to arrive.

5. Misterpoints - did the offers, got my certificates, though quite a while later, but no problems.

Hope that helps somewhat.