Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Kudos to Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-03, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudos to Amazon

Tonight I got home from work to find Sopranos Season 4 waiting for me. I got the cheapest shipping as well.
I didn't think it was going to ship for another few days.
Anyway, big kudos to Amazon.com.
If I remember correctly, I think the site said it may be up until Nov. 7th for me to receive it, but I was tickled to find it this early.

Last edited by blindrocket; 10-29-03 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-29-03, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm a big fan of amazon and I'm glad to hear that it's still doing some things right!
Old 10-30-03, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got Sopranos S4 from Amazon today as well. I also got the Scarface box set from them.
Old 10-30-03, 04:52 AM

Well, let's not praise Amazon too quickly...my Battlestar Galactica has been in the "Shipping Process" since October 19th, and still hasn't shipped out. It was due to be delievered no later than three days ago. All I got for my complains was a lousy $5 gift certificate that has to be used before the end of the year. I would have preferred they actually had shipped my item!

Still in the shipping process this morning...they must be really, really carefully packing the thing!

Meanwhile, my SOPRANOS, which I ordered last week is (according to tracking) due to arrive today. Go figure!
Old 10-30-03, 08:37 AM

YMMV, My Sopranos S4 arrived on 10/29 but Looney Toones GC is still being processed?
Old 10-30-03, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Pato1
YMMV, My Sopranos S4 arrived on 10/29 but Looney Toones GC is still being processed?
There may be a shortage on Loony Tunes .... DeepDiscount also hasn't shipped all their orders yet.
Old 10-30-03, 10:47 AM

Originally posted by marty888
There may be a shortage on Loony Tunes .... DeepDiscount also hasn't shipped all their orders yet.
This is what bothers me about Amazon...if something is backordered, it shouldn't be locked up in the "shipping process", nor should the product pages for these items read "Usually ships within 24 hours"...it should say "Usually ships within 24 days!"
Old 10-30-03, 11:02 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have to give kudos to Amazon too. I was watching Raiders of the Lost Ark on Tuesday night and the disc had a flaw in it that caused it to skip (yes, I tried it on different players). I contacted Amazon Wednesday morning online for a replacement and another copy was shipped out the same day. I should have it tomorrow. Plus they provided me a prepaid UPS shipping label to send the defective one back. I'm very impressed with how easy it all was.
Old 10-30-03, 11:34 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I too am a big Amazon fan. Their free shipping is often the deciding factor on me choosing to buy from them.
Old 10-30-03, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by marty888
Wish I could canx and just go to Costco B&M, but it Amazon says it in process and I can't touch the order.
Old 10-30-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Pato1
Wish I could canx and just go to Costco B&M, but it Amazon says it in process and I can't touch the order.
Go ahead and get it from Costco. Return it to Amazon and check the box that says that you found it for a cheaper price. You'll have to pay a couple of bucks for the return shipping, but it is worth it if you're a fan of Space Jam.
Old 10-30-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just received my LT Golden Collection.

I guess this is the one I give away as a gift, since I snagged one from Costco yesterday.

Back to my point--amazon is good.
Old 10-31-03, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yep, I have been getting my new releases on street date with free shipping too. Very satisfied.