Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Will you continue to order from DVDPlanet?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-03-03, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

I probably will-but not as much as before.If they can ship faster and continue with 30 percent off pre-orders this will help.I hope that it doesn't turn into another DVDExpress(DVD.com).
Old 10-03-03, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, I haven't seen much improvement with the new owners. They pick up the phone pretty quick now but don't seem to be willing or able to help you with any orders that were from the "old" DVDplanet of last month and the last of preorders that I never seemed to be able to cancel are still showing up very late if at all. Has anyone received Dreamcatcher or Mobsters from them yet?

Last edited by matome; 10-04-03 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-03-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Once a place has put me through the ringer, I move on and don't look back.

It's called "learning from experience".
Old 10-05-03, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
I'll play it by ear. Unlike some of you, I haven't ordered from Planet (or anyone else) since June, so I don't have any first-hand knowledge of difficulties.
Old 10-06-03, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt so I'll probably give them another shot. They're still the best place to get Criterions.
Old 10-06-03, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually go with DDD, Empire, or Amazon, but I haven't had a problem with DVDPlanet. Their ship times are very slow, but I've got enough DVDs that I haven't watched, so that really isn't an issue with me. Like chesola said, for a Criterion, I'd probably order from them first.
Old 10-07-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be fair I received The Lion King today, which was the last of my preorders that I was never able to cancel. I also received Dreamcatcher and Mobsters today (a week after release date but a lot faster than my other recent orders) so take it for what you will. I'm still missing two Clint Eastwood discs from 9/2 and credits for three discs which I sent back last month (which the new owners have no records of), but I've pretty much written those off and taken it as a learning experience as well. I'm very happy with DVDEmpire as my new online retailer.