Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has DeepDiscountDVD.com been rude to latlely?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Has DeepDiscountDVD.com been rude to latlely?

Old 10-02-03, 12:15 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has DeepDiscountDVD.com been 'rude' to lately?

I had placed my order and was asking if another title was available when the customer reresentative hung up on me in mid sentence. I had told him I was a member of DVDTalk Forum but he still hung up on me, and that was rude of what should have been a curteous call left me with anger in my heart. I clicked on a banner adv. to pre-order the Indiana Jones widescreen box of 4 DVD and I told them I would pay the shipping.

Has this DVD talk supporter been rude to anyone else and did you ever order again from them?

P.S. I used their WATS line to order without having to put CC information on the web using the safest way a corded phone, not a wireless as hackers can listen and get to be you with correct CC info month and year the 'key' to your CCard not the 16 numbers.

Last edited by danol; 10-02-03 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-02-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've never had to call them.. I only order from them when a new Utena DVD comes out because damned if I could ever find one in a store, and damned if a store was selling it for less than $30.
Old 10-02-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never had a problem with them. The service has always been excellent.
Old 10-02-03, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I too have never had anything but good service from DDD but they must know im from new jersey where the soppranos takes place so just in case im connected they dont want to take chances with my order.

Shouldn't this be in the Store Forum?
Old 10-02-03, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: Has DeepDiscountDVD.com been 'rude' to lately?

Originally posted by danol
I had told him I was a member of DVDTalk Forum but he still hung up on me...
If that's not signature material nothing is.
Old 10-02-03, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Never had a problem with customer service. But maybe they think you were the person who was diving in their trash dumpster when you mentioned DVDTalk.
Old 10-02-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why exactly would you mention your a DVDTalk forum member to a CSR?
Old 10-02-03, 12:57 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I clicked on a banner adv. to pre-order the Indiana Jones widescreen box of 4 DVD and I told them I would pay the shipping.
I thought shipping is free at ddd.

I think I need to stop reading your threads, but like a car wreck, I can't help but look.
Old 10-02-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

no problems here....BEST STORE EVER!!
Old 10-02-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts
Store forum?

No problem here. DeepDiscount has always been good to me.
Old 10-02-03, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by dgc
I thought shipping is free at ddd.
Standard shipping is free, but you can pay to speed it up.

As for customer service, I've never had any reason to call them . . . their service has always been excellent enough that I have never needed to call. I'd say I get about 50% of my movies from them and never had a single problem.
Old 10-02-03, 02:06 PM

A) I too am wondering why you needed to mention the Forum.
B) I've been dealing with them for many years, and they've always been courteous, and made good on items that have not made it to me via the USPS.
Old 10-02-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Who is "lately"
Old 10-02-03, 03:58 PM

I think I need to stop reading your threads, but like a car wreck, I can't help but look.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like a danol post to take the sting out of a bad day.
Old 10-02-03, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
Only time I called was to claim a price match and the operator was extremely courteous.

However, before I had a chance to explain the reason for my call the line went dead. I called back, happened to get the same operator and he explained he was having phone trouble. This was several months ago. I'd certainly think they would have resolved the problems by now but perhaps they have terrible phone service in the area.
Old 10-02-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Has DeepDiscountDVD.com been 'rude' to lately?

Originally posted by William Fuld
If that's not signature material nothing is.
Agreed!
Old 10-02-03, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 331 Likes on 208 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Has DeepDiscountDVD.com been 'rude' to lately?

Originally posted by Walter Neff
Agreed!
ehhh - i'll stick with mine!
Old 10-02-03, 09:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Last month I called them from work to place an order and the young lady that answered wanted to know why I didn't go thru their web site. I told her I was at work with no access to one and she gave me a hard time about it.

She never did take my order but I did hang up on her after I called her a few choice names.

When I got home from work I called and asked to speak to a supervisor there and he said it should have never have happened and gave me 10% off my order that night...that's my one bad experience with them, it hasn't happened since.
Old 10-02-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not rude but slow.
Old 10-03-03, 10:45 PM
Rest in Peace

First of all I didn't know what the store forum was

Since it was talking about DVD I put it in DVD talk subject says it all.

Now gentlemen when ever I can I call and order through a WATS (Wide Area Telephone Service) number for merchandise. I have had a credit card for 38 years and have never paid 1c in interest nor 1c in 'late' charges. MY CC told me that when you order make your order on a 'corded' phone not a cell phone. For hackers to get to be you...all they need is the 'key' which is the month and year of expiration. this was told to me in 1965 and the hundreds of thousands of dollars in merchandise I ordered over a corded phone in that 38 year time frame, not once did my CC company get stuck! 18 years ago I had a career loosing accident I called them up to ask if they wanted their card back, They said "Mr. Causbrook your not a risk your a guarantee" for I have paid all my months payment the day that I get my statement usually a check is in the mail within 20 minutes.

My grammar to you people is outrageous, but I was a professional Tractor Trailer driver making $1100 a week average in 1985...18 years ago. Lots of people don't even come close to that figure in year 2003.
I still could drive if I could get my leg amputated and get used to a fi berglass prothesis leg, what is stopping me is that I have diabetes and since I have a natural management, they refuse to doit. Advice given go to Switzerland have your leg amputated then conveless, than come back and be fitted with the above leg, cost in 1985 $250,000! Since the US dollar doesn't fare well in foreign countries, today the cost would out of this world, although you may not understand my english. Driving as a professional they couldn't give a good GD about my correct english, just so I got the load delivered on time and worked hard to stay a professional. Minimum that I made in 1985 as a professional TT driver per year was $57,200 18 years ago in the last century!

Like everyone else I thought it would only happen to the other guy, never thinking I could be that other guy! I spent my money on clothes, Corvettes, poker games in the drivers back rooms , lottery tickets you name it, including painting the town red and getting shit faced drunk on nights I didn't have to drive and would have friends over to get drunk with and of course women dates or country get aways for the weekend or vacation that I got. I always had women who like guys who owned corvettes,espicially with chromoly dome pistons associated with a NOS system. You seen The Fast and the Furiuous NOS AKA Nitrous Oxcide Setup, a high heat producing to the engine and providing you with low ET(Elapsed Time's) times at the drag strip. You don't like my grammar killfile or put me on your ignore list same thing.

A WATS call is a free call for us to the company, the company receives it as a collect call.
Rest in Peace

Now gentlemen when ever I can I call and order through a WATS (Wide Area Telephone Service) number for merchandise. I have had a credit card for 38 years and have never paid 1c in interest nor 1c in 'late' charges. MY CC told me that when you order make your order on a 'corded' phone not a cell phone. For hackers to get to be you...all they need is the 'key' which is the month and year of expiration. this was told to me in 1965 and the hundreds of thousands of dollars in merchandise I ordered over a corded phone in that 38 year time frame, not once did my CC company get stuck! 18 years ago I had a career loosing accident I called them up to ask if they wanted their card back, They said "Mr. Causbrook your not a risk your a guarantee" for I have paid all my months payment the day that I get my statement usually a check is in the mail within 20 minutes.

My grammar to you people is outrageous, but I was a professional Tractor Trailer driver making $1100 a week average in 1985...18 years ago. Lots of people don't even come close to that figure in year 2003.
I still could drive if I could get my leg amputated and get used to a fi berglass prothesis leg, what is stopping me is that I have diabetes and since I have a natural management, they refuse to doit. Advice given go to Switzerland have your leg amputated then conveless, than come back and be fitted with the above leg, cost in 1985 $250,000! Since the US dollar doesn't fare well in foreign countries, today the cost would out of this world, although you may not understand my english. Driving as a professional they couldn't give a good GD about my correct english, just so I got the load delivered on time and worked hard to stay a professional. Minimum that I made in 1985 as a professional TT driver per year was $57,200 18 years ago in the last century!

Like everyone else I thought it would only happen to the other guy, never thinking I could be that other guy! I spent my money on clothes, Corvettes, poker games in the drivers back rooms , lottery tickets you name it, including painting the town red and getting shit faced drunk on nights I didn't have to drive and would have friends over to get drunk with and of course women dates or country get aways for the weekend or vacation that I got. I always had women who like guys who owned corvettes,espicially with chromoly dome pistons associated with a NOS system. You seen The Fast and the Furiuous NOS AKA Nitrous Oxcide Setup, a high heat producing to the engine and providing you with low ET(Elapsed Time's) times at the drag strip. You don't like my grammar killfile or put me on your ignore list same thing.

A WATS call is a free call for us to the company, the company receives it as a collect call.
Rest in Peace

Old 10-03-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: First of all I didn't know what the store forum was

but I was a professional Tractor Trailer driver making $1100 a week average in 1985...18 years ago
Man, how did you find the time to race tractor-trailers on top of winning numerous trophies as a Roller and Ice Skater.
Old 10-04-03, 12:31 AM
Needs to provide a working email

I called them up to ask if they wanted their card back, They said "Mr. Causbrook your not a risk your a guarantee" for I have paid all my months payment the day that I get my statement usually a check is in the mail within 20 minutes.
Thanks for posting this three times, just in case we didn't see the first two. :-)

As a side note, www.four11.com lists only one Causbrook in PA or NJ, and only 7 in all of the US. Must be an unusual name.
Old 10-04-03, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

For hackers to get to be you...all they need is the 'key' which is the month and year of expiration. this was told to me in 1965 and the hundreds of thousands of dollars in merchandise I ordered over a corded phone in that 38 year time frame, not once did my CC company get stuck!
It's not 1965 anymore. It's completely safe to order with a credit card over the internet at any reputable site. Everyone here does it all the time with no problem. Furthermore, every credit card company I know of, offers protection against any fraudelent activity on your account over the internet. I've used my credit card on the internet hundreds of times, and my cc company has never got stuck either.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.