Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Vividence e-mail scam?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Vividence e-mail scam?

Old 08-12-03, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vividence e-mail scam?

I can't tell if this is a scam or not. Did anyone else receive this in their email just now? It's so well-done and Vividence-like, I can't tell if its for real or not. I definitely don't like that they ask for my bank account information. One thing I did notice is that when I went to the Vividence site directly, there was no mention of this evaluation in my Evaluation History.

I emailed Vividence and asked them what was up. Below is the email I received.

Subject: Vividence Evaluation- Earn $25 worth of Amazon Gift Certificates

Dear [first name],

You have been specially selected to participate in a unique Vividence evaluation. Your feedback will be part of a new research offering from Vividence that will help banks provide better online banking capabilities. If you choose to participate and make a good faith effort to answer the questions and attempt the tasks in the evaluation, you will be rewarded with $25 worth of Amazon.com gift certificates as a token of our appreciation.

Important note: You MUST login and interact with your own online Banking account as part of this evaluation. When you are asked to do so, you will need to log in to YOUR OWN CHECKING, SAVINGS, CD, OR MONEY MARKET ACCOUNT--- PLEASE ***DO NOT*** USE ONLINE CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS FOR THIS EVALUATION. If you do not login to your online banking account, you will NOT be rewarded for this evaluation.

Vividence will NOT collect or track any secure or confidential financial information during the evaluation. Nor will we capture any screenshots or form data while you are interacting with your account. We care about your privacy and our privacy policy is in full compliance with TRUSTe.

[TRUSTe icon and link inserted here]

By participating in the evaluation, you acknowledge and agree that (1) you may be interacting with your actual account during the evaluation, (2) any transactions that you complete during the evaluation will be real and binding, and you should not complete any transactions that you were not already planning to complete, and (3) Vividence will have no liability to you for any transactions, lost data or other damages of any kind that you experience as a result of taking the evaluation.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Click here to start

2. Begin the evaluation. (The evaluation will take approximately 45 minutes.)

Please complete the customer experience evaluation as soon as possible. Panelist slots will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis -- so please take the evaluation soon.

Regards,

Vividence
Old 08-12-03, 08:39 PM

I took a Vividence online bank survey about a month ago, so it is possible. Definitely get an answer from them before doing it though.
Old 08-12-03, 09:29 PM

If it is not listed on your account when you login it is not available for your account. That is the exact email they sent out about a month ago, but that survey should be closed by now.

What web address does the link go to that they want you to click?