Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet problem!!!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Planet problem!!!

Old 08-04-03, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Planet problem!!!

What's going on with there site??? I place an order about three weeks ago and I still have not received my order. Both were in stock and I should've received them by now. I've been calling for the past week and all I get is that lame automated response, then they put me on hold. Several times I have waited for at least 30 minutes and got fed up then hung up. I then tried doing the whole email deal and not to my surprise, they didn't respond. I checked my bank account and they already took the money out. What's up with this??? What do I do? I'm really furious and fed up with this situation!
Old 08-04-03, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first thing you should do is a search:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=305971

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=298332
Old 08-08-03, 10:18 PM
Banned

If you want to speak to a live CSR you will need to wait around 90 minutes. E-mails are generally responded to about once a month it seems...
Old 08-11-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I really should have paid attention - and believed - when other DVD Talkers began complaining about DVD Planet.

My last order with them, for 3 DVDs, arrived with one of the DVDs being the wrong one. Since phoning them requires the patience of Job, I emailed a specific person in customer service on July 26th.

One week later, after a follow-up email from me, I received a "we're looking into it" response from him. I waited 3 days and emailed again, asking when I should expect a response.

All I have received since is SILENCE, not even the basic courtesy of a response.

Be warned .... be VERY warned.

edit: less than an hour after posting this,I received the following email:

"I am out of town. I was informed that we addressed your concerns. I will ask
Holly Bell to contact you to make sure your questions have been answered.
Thanks
Paul"

I'll keep you all posted....

Last edited by marty888; 08-11-03 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-11-03, 10:07 AM
Banned

They shipped me the wrong disc and upon calling told me the correct disc (Throne of Blood Criterion) would be shipped immediately. A few days later I called to check on the status of that disc and they told me it was out of stock and would be about a month before it shipped. What a crock.... They have my money (it was more expensive than the Look Who's Talking disc they sent me and demanded I keep) and I don't have my dvd. As the weeks go by I get more and more upset. I sent e-mails suggesting that the guy that packaged my order wrong go out and purchase and mail Throne of Blood to me himself from a local Borders store but my e-mails were ignored.

To be honest, the free dvd sites (freedvds.com and freedvd4me.com) have FAR better customer service and faster shipping times and I'm not even paying a cent for either the shipping or the discs.... Very sad.
Old 08-11-03, 10:34 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

If you go to their site, you see everything you need to see before proceeding forward. They have a statement telling you that there WILL be a slight delay in responses. Your definition of slight may be different from theirs. If anyone still goes on to order from them, don't complain if things are not resolved in timely fashion.

If you want to order from them, you HAVE to let the problems clear up first. If there are problems, there will be threads...do a search prior to ordering.
Old 08-11-03, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by marty888
I really should have paid attention - and believed - when other DVD Talkers began complaining about DVD Planet.

My last order with them, for 3 DVDs, arrived with one of the DVDs being the wrong one. Since phoning them requires the patience of Job, I emailed a specific person in customer service on July 26th.

One week later, after a follow-up email from me, I received a "we're looking into it" response from him. I waited 3 days and emailed again, asking when I should expect a response.

All I have received since is SILENCE, not even the basic courtesy of a response.

Be warned .... be VERY warned.

My word... Exactly.. though not spoken out..... Sorry that you have found the hard way....

To this point, they still have a few bucks left not settle with me correctly..... I considered that charity money and they had lost me as a customer forever (30+ orders of 4to5 dvds each/year past couple of years).....
Too bad for them...... Still looking for a replacement now.
edit: less than an hour after posting this,I received the following email:

"I am out of town. I was informed that we addressed your concerns. I will ask
Holly Bell to contact you to make sure your questions have been answered.
Thanks
Paul"

I'll keep you all posted....
Old 08-11-03, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by VincentHVPhan
Oops...

My word... Exactly.. though not spoken out..... Sorry that you have found the hard way....

To this point, they still have a few bucks left not settle with me correctly..... I considered that charity money and they had lost me as a customer forever (30+ orders of 4to5 dvds each/year past couple of years).....
Too bad for them...... Still looking for a replacement now.
Old 08-11-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
Over a month ago on another thread people were mentioning there troubles with DVDPlanet while I got on here and defended them.Shortly afterwards I received an e-mail from DVDPlanet saying that they were aware of the problems and they were gonna send me 100 dollars worth of DVD's(shipping was on them).Haven't received it yet(everything is available).The other day I received a duplicate order and they haven't answered my e-mail about it as of yet.
Old 08-11-03, 07:13 PM
Banned

LOL, I haven't even been offered so much as a 5 dollar off 30 dollar purchase coupon!

After today's posts (either here or over at the dvdfile.com forums) I recieved a personal phone call from a CSR asking if they could help and letting me know that Throne of Blood has shipped. I mentioned I was told it would take a month last week and he repeated it has shipped. This is wonderful news as I really did not care to wait many more weeks to recieve a DVD I should have recieved weeks ago that they have my money for. I hope that everyone else's problems are resolved as well. I don't care what I have to do to ensure that I recieve my order, just as long as I recieve it.

Hopefully DVD Planet can work through these problems and get back to the level of service necessary to make them THE place to order DVD's from. I wish them the best.

DVD Planet, I'll settle for 50 dollars worth of dvd's! Send me that and I'll even order from ya again!

Last edited by folgersnyourcup; 08-11-03 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-12-03, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, after two frustrating weeks of trying to get some response from DVD Planet, guess what? Within 8 hours of posting here, I received TWO emails, this being the second one:

After researching the error with our warehouse, I can confirm that the order was submitted correctly on our end. Unfortunately, human error is the cause of this. I have resubmitted the order to the warehouse with priority UPS shipping. You will be receiving it within the next few days. Please return the erroneous item to us, advising me of the return shipping cost incurred. I will have you reimbursed the amount as soon as I am notified. Please include a note stating that the incorrect item was received and that a replacement has already been shipped to you.

I apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused.

Thank you,
Holly Bell

So let's see if they actually do what they say they're doing ..... I think we'd all like to be able to order from DVD Planet with some confidence, but they are going to have to prove they deserve that confidence.
Old 08-12-03, 05:37 PM
Banned

I ordered two DVDs "A Personal Journey Through American Film with Martin Scorsese" and "Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studio" on July 29, 2003.

It has been two weeks and I have not recieved them.
One of the titles which was listed as IN STOCK, "Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studio", is now listed as OUT OF STOCK. Has the delay in shipment caused the disc to become sold out? Probably

I emailed them and told them I would be posting my dificulty online at DVDTalk.com
Old 08-13-03, 02:17 PM

DVDPlanet is off the list from Bizrate.

Just check and it's no longer on the list of DVD Stores on Biz Rate. Still found it by searching.
So quick a company went downhill.
Old 08-18-03, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, after two frustrating weeks of trying to get some response from DVD Planet, guess what? Within 8 hours of posting here, I received TWO emails, this being the second one:

After researching the error with our warehouse, I can confirm that the order was submitted correctly on our end. Unfortunately, human error is the cause of this. I have resubmitted the order to the warehouse with priority UPS shipping. You will be receiving it within the next few days. Please return the erroneous item to us, advising me of the return shipping cost incurred. I will have you reimbursed the amount as soon as I am notified. Please include a note stating that the incorrect item was received and that a replacement has already been shipped to you.

I apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused.

Thank you,
Holly Bell

So let's see if they actually do what they say they're doing ..... I think we'd all like to be able to order from DVD Planet with some confidence, but they are going to have to prove they deserve that confidence.

So here's the followup, as presented in an email I just sent to DVD Planet ....

Holly Bell,

Once again, human error has reared its ugly head - I received the shipment that you requested for the correct DVD that I ordered and paid for - and for a second time RECEIVED THE WRONG DVD!

I now have TWO COPIES of a dvd I didn't order and don't want, and have yet to receive the DVD that I paid for several weeks ago.

Since it appears that your fulfillment center is incapable of sending me the correct DVD, perhaps the best solution would be for you to IMMEDIATELY process a refund, and I will return the two dvds that were sent in error.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Marty

That's right folks - they made the SAME MISTAKE TWICE!
Old 08-18-03, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone thinks DVD Planet's customer-service problems are limited to their on-line store, let me be the first to say this is not the case.

I stopped by their store in Huntington Beach, Calif., over the weekend and noticed an ad flier in the front of the store. On the front was a coupon for $5 off any $30 purchase. I grabbed a couple Criterions and and a couple other discs to buy, and realized that my total was going to be over $60. I looked at the coupon, and it said nothing about "one coupon per customer" or "one coupon per visit" or anything like that. So I figured if I grabbed two coupons, I could either use both of them on the $60+ puchase, or make two separate purchases (each for more than $30), and use one coupon on each. Seemed logical.

No dice. The cashier said "one coupon per account" (whatever that means) and started ringing me up. I pointed out to him that it said nothing about that on the coupon. He mumbled something about how "there was a correction." He pointed to a bulletin board behind him that had a correction to the advertisement, but it was an unrelated correction -- something about a wrong price for a box set. Then the cashier mumbled something about "there was supposed to be a correction."

I walked out without buying the DVDs. It was over only $5, sure, but I just didn't want to support a store that has that kind of customer service. I'll get the movies somewhere else -- don't even care if I have to pay more, as long as they're honest. I don't think I'll be visiting the store again.
Old 08-19-03, 10:45 AM
Banned

So here's the followup, as presented in an email I just sent to DVD Planet ....

Holly Bell,

Once again, human error has reared its ugly head - I received the shipment that you requested for the correct DVD that I ordered and paid for - and for a second time RECEIVED THE WRONG DVD!

I now have TWO COPIES of a dvd I didn't order and don't want, and have yet to receive the DVD that I paid for several weeks ago.

Since it appears that your fulfillment center is incapable of sending me the correct DVD, perhaps the best solution would be for you to IMMEDIATELY process a refund, and I will return the two dvds that were sent in error.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Marty

That's right folks - they made the SAME MISTAKE TWICE!
That is really absurd that they messed up again! Have you recieved a response to your e-mail yet? They messed up my order but after many calls and e-mails I finally recieved the correct dvd on the second attempt. I can only imagine how mad I would be if a 2nd incorrect dvd showed up. Good grief.... The only way this kind of error could occur this frequently is if:

A. Whoever is packing the shipments is just throwing whatever he damn well feels like throwing in when he's bored and hoping the customer doesn't complain

or

B. Their packers are so unbelievably incompotent that they can't tell the difference between dvd's such as "Throne of Blood" and "Look Who's Talking" (my problem)

It's getting sad.
Old 08-19-03, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup
That is really absurd that they messed up again! Have you recieved a response to your e-mail yet? They messed up my order but after many calls and e-mails I finally recieved the correct dvd on the second attempt. I can only imagine how mad I would be if a 2nd incorrect dvd showed up. Good grief.... )

It's getting sad.
No response yet to the email sent over 24 hours ago. It's almost as if there's some kind of "who can drive away the most customers" incentive program going on there.

You know, it doesn't take much effort to hit "reply" and say something simple like - "I'll have an answer within two days" or whatever. Has no-one ever taught these people the basics of good business?

Old 08-19-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are they using the same packing location as Columbia House? Probably not, but I've been having the same sort of absurd problems with CH lately.

In my past 3 orders, 2 of them had incorrect titles.
Old 08-19-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bboisvert
Just out of curiosity, are they using the same packing location as Columbia House?
My DVD Planet wrong DVDs keep originating from Itasca, IL - the same address that ships Digital Eyes, DDD and apparently some others.
Old 08-20-03, 01:53 PM
Banned

Walter Neff-

I just wanted to say that you should ask nicely. I went to DVDPlanet yesterday and used two coupons on two $30 purchases just as you discribed and they were fine with it. I walked out saving $10.
Old 08-20-03, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Pants
Walter Neff-

I just wanted to say that you should ask nicely. I went to DVDPlanet yesterday and used two coupons on two $30 purchases just as you discribed and they were fine with it. I walked out saving $10.
You must've had a different clerk than I had. I simply asked the question matter of factly -- I wasn't being rude or confrontational, given that I had no reason to believe I couldn't use two coupons -- and the guy cut me off with the "one coupon per account" response. I wish I had gotten the clerk you had.
Old 08-20-03, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally received my order from DVDPlanet that contained my 100 dollars worth of free DVDs-ordered-Thing From Another World and they sent-John Carpenter's The Thing-oh well at least it was free.
Old 08-20-03, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dvd-4-life
I finally received my order from DVDPlanet that contained my 100 dollars worth of free DVDs-ordered-Thing From Another World and they sent-John Carpenter's The Thing-oh well at least it was free.
They sent the wrong DVD to you, too? They've done that to me TWICE now. The good news is.... yours was a freebie.

I'm still waiting to get the correct DVD I paid for nearly a month ago, or a refund. Or a response from Holly Bell who is ignoring my emails.
Old 08-20-03, 11:29 PM

DVD Planet is a joke of a company now. Serves you right Image, bunch of IDIOTS!!! Just my opinion.
Old 08-21-03, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I received my last order from them in a timely manner.I will still order from them and hope that they fix what's wrong and maybe have free shipping options in the near future.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.