Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDSOON. Unbelievable

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDSOON. Unbelievable

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-03, 03:21 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
What kind of tracking numbers do they use? I input them into every carrier I could find and still no go.
Old 08-06-03, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They use Canada Post here;
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/default-e.asp

They don't show locations until parcels are delivered. Useless tool but not a DVDSoon problem. Usually show delivered to Ottawa and then it disappears if it is in Canada. It may show if they have dumped it into the USPS.
Old 08-06-03, 10:19 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Ha. What's the point of "tracking" if it can't track anything?

At least USPS' delivery confirmation shows it "en route".
Old 08-08-03, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My ongoing efforts to cancel the order (detailed above) ultimately have failed. I just checked my account and the order is "packaging". UNBELIEVABLE is right.
Old 08-08-03, 12:42 PM

Update: The Order detail page now has a Cancel Order button at the bottom.

Is it worth the $.71 cents to cancel and re-order the Vacation SE? Hmmm - I wonder.

Funny thing is they still have the little "X" graphic in the item line as if you could actually cancel individual items. :
Old 08-08-03, 01:04 PM

Is it progress or just something to get us to muse on.

They say on your account page they are doing an inventory count and not to get worried (what us) when items that had "in hand" now show as "on order". All will be screwed back up by end of the day Aug 8.

Single item order has cancel on the bottom of the page. Multi items (ordered before the free shippng) still don't have a means of cancelling yet.

It's only been 7 weeks and three items out of four showed "in hand" as of yesterday. Can I hold out until the last item makes it, or will the cancel order be available first. The saga continues, at least until I can finally dump this place.
Old 08-08-03, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice that they finally have one of the new functions working. I still need the cancel item function to work as I do not want to cancel the whole order. I wouldn't mind doing that except to reorder my cost will go up by a total of 12CAD (24 season 2 is 11CAD higher than when I ordered it!). Well, I have 4½ weeks so I trust (!) the cancel single item function will be working in time for me.
Old 08-17-03, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm having problems with Dvdsoon too. I placed my first (and last) order with them for Will & Grace Season 1. When the release date rolled around I checked the site and it said it was "on order - 1-2 weeks". Since BB had it for $29.99 I just went ahead and bought it there.

I then went to Dvdsoon and read their store policy, which states

"If you wish to cancel that whole order, click on the "Cancel" button on the bottom of the page. You can either request a credit to your store account or request a refund to your credit card."

So, that's what I did - cancelled the order using the cancel button, and I was immediately given a store credit (which I don't want, since I will never be ordering from them again) - no option for a refund.

I called them, somehow managed to get a live person and was told that they are not "set up" to give refunds. They said the only option is to use the credit, or if i wanted I could check the website every few weeks since they "may" be implementing an option to convert store credits to a refund.

So, first they charge me for something long before they were supposed to ship it. Then, when they turn out not to have it - they refuse to give me my money back after I cancelled it. Needless to say, I'm not happy with them.

What should I do in this situation - call my credit card company and have the charge removed? I've never had to dispute a charge before - is it an easy process?

Roy
Old 08-17-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Roy28

What should I do in this situation - call my credit card company and have the charge removed? I've never had to dispute a charge before - is it an easy process?

Roy
Sounds like that is your only option if you don't want to use store credit and DVDSoon is not willing to issue a refund. I disputed a charge once and it involved writing a detailed letter explaining the situation to my credit card company. I also had to send any copies of letters, emails, and receipts involved with the transaction. I think it would be a good idea if you called your credit card company first to see what their procedures are for disputing a charge before you go any further.
Old 08-17-03, 03:00 PM

Looking at their "Top 15" only 3 show on hand.

Given they all had to have many paid pre-orders, how much money are they sitting on in advances they have taken out of customers accounts. It's like a big Ponzi scheme. Are they paying old bills with this weeks receipts to be able to buy enough to fill some orders?

I'm only waiting for one title (2 months old pre-order) but it will be the last I'll get from them.
Old 08-27-03, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, this company is worthless. I ordered Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves back in June, was immediately charged for it, then sent an e-mail asking for credit card verification, which I sent to them. Week after week led to month after month and nothing arrived, and I still see that nice $20 charge on my CC. After about 10 e-mails into them they finally tell me that they charged my card, but need verification (which I already sent them) Now, instead of the 3 digit number on the back of the card I need to fax them 2 copies of my Credit Card statement. If that isnt' enough, they haven't provided me with a Fax number. And there is no way I'm sending them my statement in the first place. This is ridiculous. I sent them an e-mail asking how they can claim to need verification but charge me anyway, and their answer was 'for your safety.' I feel really safe knowing that someone could steal my CC and charge $500 worth of DVDs, DVDsoon would complete the trasaction, fail to send out the DVDs and keep the money, but I should feel safe knowing no DVD was shipped to the thief. Um, hello, you are stealing from me by keeping my money!!!!
Old 08-27-03, 07:27 PM

There is definately something shady going on with this company. When I called my credit card company to dispute the charge (see above post), the woman I talked to actually burst out laughing when I told her the story. She said I should have no trouble getting the charge reversed, and that this was one of the most ridiculous things she had ever heard.

She said that if they are able to make a charge to my CC, then they are able to issue a refund (duh), and that their line about not being "set up" to issue a refund is complete bull. Not to mention fraudulent - especially since their store policy explicitly states that you can choose either a refund or store credit upon cancelling an order.