Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

amazon.com CC and GC, when do you get it?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-26-03, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a search for "amazon.com credit" and "amazon credit" and could not find the originla post about this topic.

i signed up for and received the amazon.com CC a few months ago. i finally used the card yesterday to make a purchase on amazon.com.

i was wondering what i need to do (or what will happen) so that i can get the $20 (or was it $30) giftcard for making my first purchase at amazon.com

thanks in advance...

jason
Old 07-27-03, 12:40 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

The $20 (or $30 depending on which offer you signed up for) is a promotional gift certificate and not an actual gift card. It is supposed to be added to your Amazon gift certificate account (not your credit card account) automatically as soon as you are accepted to get their credit card.

When you place a "qualified" order at Amazon using your credit card, the $20 (or $30) should have been deducted from your order automatically if there was a balance left that you were paying with your new Amazon credit card.

You don't get the $20 or $30 after making your first purchase with your credit card. The amount should have been deducted "from" your first credit card purchase at Amazon.

It's possible the gift certificate expired or you didn't purchase items that qualified? Or perhaps you didn't purchase more than the gift certiificate amount? You have to spend more than the gift cerificate amount so there is a balance left on your order that you need to pay using your new Amazon credit card.

So if the gift certificate amount was for $30.00 and you tried to place an order for $31.00, then your order total should have indicated that your credit card would be billed $1.00 for this order.

I highly suggest you give Amazon a call or drop them an email.
Old 07-27-03, 09:05 AM

Thanks.... just to clarify before i email them:

The $30 should show up as a gift certificatecredit automaticaly after i was approved for the amazon.com cc, correct? Then in turn the $30 would be applied to my next order over $30.

So, if i dont have this credit to my GCert balance i should send them an email to inquire about it?
Old 07-27-03, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the credit was supposed to be a issued to your credit card account after making your first purchase of over $30 if I remember correctly. Anyway, I signed up and was approved for the credit card but never received anything after my first purchase. I ended up calling Amazon customer service and they issued me a $30 refund.
Old 07-27-03, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think this was the thread you were trying to find.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...dit+card+offer
Old 07-27-03, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The $30.00 was automatically deducted from my first order with the card. I entered my card info on my order and when the checkout screen finalized...the $30.00 was taken off the total. You had to use it within a month or so.....I am pretty sure there was an expiration date to use the card by in relation to the promotional $30.00 credit.
Old 07-27-03, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the link to the tread.... here is the info from the Amazon.com site:

How to Receive Your Promotional Certificate

1. Apply for the card through the link provided in your e-mail or exclusive offer page.

2. After you've submitted your application, you will be brought back to Amazon.com.

3. We will automatically place the promotional certificate in your account. If you are approved, it will be automatically activated and can be redeemed on qualifying purchases when you place an order greater than the amount of the promotional certificate and pay for the balance with your Amazon.com Platinum Visa Card.

......This promotional certificate expires at 11:59 p.m., PST, on August 31, 2003.
Somehow, i did not automatically get the promotional certificate to my account, so i sent them an email, hopefully they will resolve it in a timely fashion.