Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.com OOP dvd order concern

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-03, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sort of a newbie here. Anyway, got a question about an Amazon order I made. The order consists of TTT-EE and Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box. I believe Toy Box is OOP so Amazon may only have not so many copies left in stock. However my order won't ship until November (when TTT comes out), so I'm concerned whether I'll run into the problem of not actually getting the Toy Box since it might not be in stock anymore in November. Will this happen? Will Amazon reserve a copy of Toy Box for me? I hope so.
Old 07-07-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can change the shipping to 'as available'. It may cost you an extra $5, but you'll get Toy Story immediately.
Old 07-08-03, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon.com OOP dvd order concern

Originally posted by luyn
Will this happen? Will Amazon reserve a copy of Toy Box for me? I hope so.
I'm not certain, but I don't think they are going to "reserve" you a copy for in November, when another person might go and order the set right now. They'd rather get their money now, rather than later.

I'd do as BigPete has suggested and suck up the extra shipping costs and change the order to "As Available." I'm sure you'd much rather have the excellent set and have paid a bit more for shipping rather than be out the set in the long run.
Old 07-08-03, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You could cancel the other item in the order and let Toy Story ship now instead of waiting until November. Then just place a new separate order for the other item. The Ultimate Toy Box should qualify for free shipping and you wouldn't have to pay extra to ship when available.
Old 07-08-03, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah, I would do as others have suggested: Just cancel your current order and start all over.

Ultimate Toy Box is a great set for two really good films. Get this in your hands and enjoy it NOW!
Old 07-08-03, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by reubs82
yeah, I would do as others have suggested: Just cancel your current order and start all over.

Ultimate Toy Box is a great set for two really good films. Get this in your hands and enjoy it NOW!
You don't have to cancel the whole order. Amazon does allow for individual items to be removed from an order without cancelling it completely and starting over. You would only need to create one new order instead of two separate ones. If the two items are each over $25 they would both qualify for free shipping, and no extra money would need to be spent.

I should ask if any GC's or STL discounts are involved? You could run the risk of losing those discounts if any change is made to your order. Then you might want to call a CSR for help in that situation.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 07-08-03 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-08-03, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Well my situation is a little more complicated. First of all, I live in Canada. Secondly I'm only buying from Amazon.com because I have some GCs, and I also received STL on both the Toy Box and TTT.

Anyway, I think I'll probably cancel TTT. I can easily get STL for that. But that way I'll have to pay more shipping, $4.00 more to be exact. This sucks, eventhough I'm paying with GC, I still like to save as much as possible so I can have more leftover GCs at my disposal.