Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon returns for non-defective (big ticket) items

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 06-30-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I recently bought (June 3) a 12 inch Apple Powerbook from Amazon. The combination of a lowered price, a sale, and free shipping made it too good to resist.

Well, it's simply not meeting my needs in terms of flexability or performance. Plus, the 12 inch screen is really too small, something you can really only determine after using it for a while. I was reading Amazon's return policy and it seems I have a 30 day window for returns for computers. I started through the process just to see what it entailed, and it looks pretty lenient. Under reasons for returning, one of the choices is even "I just don't want it anymore".

My return window runs out on Thursday, and I'm about 99% certain I want to get rid of this thing. So my question is, has anyone else returned a big ticket, non-defective item to Amazon, and did they give you a lot of hassle/grief over it? I realize I'll probably get hit with a restocking fee, but that's no worse that the financial hit I'll take if I sell it on ebay, once you factor in listing fees and final price selling fees on something this expensive.