Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Are So Slow Lately!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD Are So Slow Lately!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-03, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I still haven't recieved Bandits. I have just called them and they said they would reship the item at no extra cost and I would recieve it in 5 days. I then told her that I would return the orginal if it ever turns up.
So at least they aren't charging me for the replacement. I'll let you guys know how I go on.
Old 07-07-03, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Can you guys help me out, I'm thinking of opening an account with DDD, and want to know what their shipping options are - I guess I'll have to dump the free shipping - standard mail - what's the next level - Priority mail - is it that much more?
Old 07-07-03, 09:40 PM

It used to be Priority Mail, but now it's called "Expedited Shipping" for 4.95. My guess is it's their choice, Priority or UPS depending on weight. Be warned, if you order more than 1 DVD, you can't choose to have them all shipped at once. If they have to break up your order they'll send the first part Priority (or whatever) and the rest will still go the slow way.

Last edited by RandyM; 07-07-03 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-07-03, 11:44 PM

Wow! I didn't want to believe that it was true since I have had nothing but a positive experience with them (I have placed many orders with them), but their slow shipping has suddenly aflicted me. I used to get dvds in about 7 days after they shipped. Now it seems like I have orders taking 2 weeks, sometimes even more. It just seems bizarre how things suddenly take so much longer. As it has been debated in this thread, its either their fault or the post office's fault. I have ordered dvds from other companies and they seem to arrive around the same time as other orders in the past. Why at this rate, its almost as if UPS were delivering it (they seem to take forever with packages). I will continue to shop with them, but for some items that I want sooner, like the Simpsons season 3, I may just shop somewhere else.
Old 07-08-03, 12:13 PM
DrS

Things are normal for me. For example, an order I placed on 6/29 arrived yesterday 7/7. About a week, including a long weekend. Not bad. I live fairly close to Illinois, though.

d
Old 07-08-03, 12:32 PM

Fecking Hell. The day after I ask for a replacement the orginal turns up. Oh well I'll just have to write on return to sender.
Old 07-08-03, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Looking around, it's clear that DDD's service quality is dropping. As an update to my order, it's been a month now since I placed mine. And I still don't have anything. I called them this past Saturday to tell them to issue me a refund and the rep offered to ship me another one overnight at no cost. Great, I thought. Here it is Tuesday, and I still don't have the first order, or the one "overnighted". When I called them back, I asked to speak to a supervisor. Enough is enough. He told me that the title was on back order (!!!!!!!) But confirmed that it was in stock when I ordered it originally a month ago. But that it wasn't in stock when I called on Saturday. "So why didn't the rep tell me that and offer to overnight it?" I asked. And he just responded, "It wasn't in stock at the time". UN-believable.
Old 07-09-03, 07:30 AM
Cool New Member

Just a quick update for international order.

I finally received my order about 5 weeks after it is shipped. To be fair to DDD, my order was shipped within 2 days after I placed my order.
Old 07-09-03, 09:13 AM

Just noticed today aswell that it looks like DDD have stopped lowering there prices on the week of release.
Old 07-09-03, 02:15 PM
Banned

Old 07-09-03, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by RandyM
It used to be Priority Mail, but now it's called "Expedited Shipping" for 4.95. My guess is it's their choice, Priority or UPS depending on weight. Be warned, if you order more than 1 DVD, you can't choose to have them all shipped at once. If they have to break up your order they'll send the first part Priority (or whatever) and the rest will still go the slow way.
Thanks, just one more thing, how are their packaging? I ask, since it has been raining here EVERY day for the last five weeks, do they at least wrap up the DVD and put it in a box?
Old 07-10-03, 10:33 AM

Yeah they are in a box. They should be fine. I have had lots of my parcels get wet because of rain and they haven't been affected in any way.

Just noticed they have lowered the prices for this week and they have refunded my Bandits for some reason!!
Old 07-10-03, 01:25 PM

International order shipped june 7 to Amsterdam, still not received.
Called them today, was told to wait another week because shipping takes longer these days!!!!!!
Old 07-10-03, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I haven't ordered for a while because EVERYTHING I try order is out of stock--even Little House on the Prairie, though it was just released 2 days ago. Go figure. In the past my mileage on delivery has varied greatly, from 3 days for 2 1/2 weeks.
Old 07-11-03, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by uteotw
I haven't ordered for a while because EVERYTHING I try order is out of stock--even Little House on the Prairie, though it was just released 2 days ago. Go figure. In the past my mileage on delivery has varied greatly, from 3 days for 2 1/2 weeks.
It could be that the supplier never got it to DDD on time as well and that's why it's not in stock now.
Old 07-11-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, it is too bad, but these guys have gotten really bad. It now takes about 3 weeks from "shipment" for my order to arrive.

Not only that, but their CS isn't very helpful. I received a title and when I removed the plastic, it turns out the case was all kinds of cracked. I wrote just requesting a new case and they said to return the whole thing. I returned it 5 weeks ago and have not received anything. I have written them 3 times in the last 10 days and have gotten no response.

Not good.
Old 07-11-03, 02:31 PM

Rick from DDDD contacted me by mail after my posting and said that I should have received the order by now.
Also he is trying to find out who told me to wait one more week.
DDD will reship the order.
Posting on this Forum has helped me a lot so far!
Old 07-11-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just received my order for the Vikings yesterday from DDD. It took them about two weeks to even get any copies since it was backordered. And another 12 days in the mail when they finally mailed it. I had several other orders take about two weeks to arrive but they were shipped promptly since the items were in stock.

I am also having a long wait time with an order from DVDEmpire. I currently have an order that was mailed two weeks ago using their free media mail that hasn't arrived yet. I usually receive orders from them in about 7 or 8 days. So I think most of the delay blame should go to the post office.
Old 07-14-03, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I used to swear by DDD however, I too am now in waiting "hell" and have yet to receive Gangs of New york which I pre-ordered as soon as it was up on their site.

I also tried to cancel orders via email and they conveniently "shipped" the titles I wanted cancelled.

I may pay a little more but I've moved my business over to Amazon.

I place an order with them and in three days tops, the discs are in my hands.

I'm going to BB tmrw. to pick up everything I ordered from DDD and am still waiting for. Then I am shipping them all back should I ever get the discs in the mail.
Old 07-14-03, 11:33 PM

Yes, DDD have gone down the toilet and around the "s" bend as far as I am concerned.

I had two orders ship at the beginning of June and they are yet to arrive, and I am yet to receive a response to any of my eight (at last count) emails to them over the past two weeks!

I have been a regular customer of theirs for a number of years now, but that may no longer be the case if they don't respond anytime soon.

It may be a coincidence, but the stench of their poor service seems to have begun to peak at around the time that I received the following email from their Quality Assurance (talk about an oxymoron) section on the 10th June:

------------------------------------
Thank you for recent order with DeepDiscountDVD.com!

To better serve you, we would like to know when you received your most recent order. We are in the process of reviewing our shipping methods and your response will ensure that we continue to offer the best service available to us.

When you reply, please include your order number and or title that was received and the date on which the package was delivered to you.

Thank you for your time.
Best regards,

Quality Assurance
DeepDiscountDVD.com
[email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------
Old 07-15-03, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered Battle of Britain on 6/11. Shipped on 6/28 and a no show so far as of 7/15.
Old 07-17-03, 04:08 AM
Cool New Member

For those Stateside, how do you know when DDD shipped your order? By the email they send, order status at their website?
Does the box show the ship date?
If the package shows a mail date soon after your order, then you cannot blame DDD for shipping delays if you chose the free shipping.

Here's some mail stats for my store: [Other = 1st class , Package Services = parcel post]
Mail Class Number Average Minimum Maximum
Other 227 2.8 days 1 days 7 days
Priority Mail 57 2.6 days 1 days 5 days
Package Services 1 1.0 days 1 days 1 days

At least you know first class and priority mail are relatively fast with averages of under 3 days
Media mail
Old 07-17-03, 04:37 AM

I live in the UK and recently decided to use Deep Discount.
4 weeks later after shipping a title to me, still no sign of it.
I have e-mailed them 5 times now and have not received one reply! Are they usually this rubbish on the customer services front?
My only remaining option is to ring them, but a call from the UK to the States isn't cheap and I don't see why I should have to resort to paying for this just because they can't be bothered to answer e-mails.
I for one will not be using these jokers ever again.
Old 07-18-03, 09:06 AM

I got you all beat! I live in Illinois and am still waiting on the third CHOBITS disc which shipped out July 7th! I think I may just call them to change the shipping method on my preorders, because Media Mail has been wildy erratic lately.

For example, DDD shipped one disc to me, than shipped two more together a few days later and the second shipment arrived about three days before the earlier one. What is up with that?

I've gotten titles from Blackstar and Amazon in the UK faster than I've gotten them from DDD. Granted, those are coming airmail, but jeez!

Brian
Old 07-18-03, 10:20 AM

One month after shipping - no dvd, no reply :-(

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.