DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   What's going on with DVDPlanet (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/298332-whats-going-dvdplanet.html)

VincentHVPhan 06-11-03 10:32 AM

What's going on with DVDPlanet

No Order Fullfilment. No response to email. Phone got nowhere.
Are they going under ?

VincentHVPhan 06-12-03 09:19 AM

Nobody ???

Anyone got any order with them or response from them lately ?

bdots48 06-12-03 01:32 PM

I got Throne of Blood from them 2 weeks ago and they answered my email and fixed a problem with the charges.

VincentHVPhan 06-12-03 03:11 PM

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.
Finally I got on the phone with them.
They claimed that they switch to a new Ordering system and had caused all kinds of trouble in the past week and half.
Too bad... They had just lost me as a regular.....

RonG617 06-12-03 07:00 PM

I don't know why these companies don't anticipate problems with changes and prepare for them better. When DDD updated their system, it was a nightmare. Digital Eyes just moved, and it has been terrible dealing with them. They always respond with surprise that problems are popping up, and they are never ready to handle them and end up losing solid customers who have way too many options to be aggravated by things like this.

dvde 06-12-03 10:18 PM

DVD Planet sucks now that Kenny is gone. Image bought it and changed things around. Whats funny is that Image is the poorist ran company around and ever since they started running DVDPlanet how they run Image, it's now a joke. Just my opinion.

jimbo 06-13-03 02:01 PM

Originally posted by dvde
DVD Planet sucks now that Kenny is gone. Image bought it and changed things around. Whats funny is that Image is the poorist ran company around and ever since they started running DVDPlanet how they run Image, it's now a joke. Just my opinion.
I'm afraid it's one I'll have to second, from what I understand not too many of Kenny's original employees remain.

m.cellophane 06-13-03 05:40 PM

Well, here's what it's like to try to call them on their customer service line.

I've been trying since about noon today. I'ts now 3:41 pm Pacific time.

1. Held 18 minutes before and then it started ringing. I hung up after about 25 rings.
2. Rang without an answer for about 25 rings. I gave up.
3. Rang without an answer for about 25 rings. I gave up.
4. Held 14 minutes before and then it started ringing. I hung up after about 25 rings.
5. Held 13 minutes before and then it started ringing. Finally, someone answered, she quickly said "DVD Planet, please hold" and now I've been on hold for 5 additional minutes with no sign that she'll ever be coming back to the phone.

Update: Well, someone actually answered after 29 minutes and gave me a ship date and a tracking number. She apologized for the delay in answering. I asked why they aren't updating their website with shipping information and she replied "our system is really whacked out right now."

There you have it.

I will avoid DVD Planet in the near future myself. YMMV.

dvdisoil 06-14-03 04:25 AM

I have to accept , i share the same views . they charged me extea on 3 of my previous orders and the last one is yet to be corrected.

hence this month's quota of criterion order goes to DVDEmpire :)

*RG3* 06-14-03 11:14 AM

Just recieved this email from them:

Dear Valued Customer,

DVDPLANET recently implemented a new computer system to better serve you. During this conversion we found that some orders were not initially imported from the old to the new system. We have resolved the issue and soon expect to have all outstanding orders imported and sent to the warehouse for shipment. Our warehouse team is working overtime to process these orders as quickly as possible. We assure you that no order or customer information was lost during this time period.

We have also been experiencing a higher than usual email and call volume. Maximum staff is on hand to assist you as quickly as possible. If you are unable to wait on hold, please email us at [email protected] and we will promptly respond to your inquiry.

DVDPLANET appreciates your patience and understanding during our system enhancement upgrades. We assure you that delays are only temporary, as we are working diligently to resolve any outstanding issues. We expect to be conducting business at our regular pace very soon.

DVDPLANET values our customer and is dedicated to providing you with the level of service you have come to expect. We would like to thank you for your support by offering $5 off your next order of $30 or more.

* Purchase must be made by 07/19/03
* Good on in-stock items only, totaling $30 or more (excludes taxes, shipping, and handling charges)
* Not redeemable on previous purchases or pre-ordered items
* Regular shipping charges will apply

The next time you shop with us at http://www.dvdplanet.com, simply add items to your cart as you normally would. When you are ready to check out, you can enter the coupon code on the cart page and continue the normal checkout process. Don't forget that the coupon expires on July 19th, 2003.

Coupon Code:
ZYZ535XP8OV3

Thanks for your business,
DVDPLANET

m.cellophane 06-14-03 12:41 PM

Originally posted by *RG3*

Got the same letter, albeit with a different code.

I will say that when I got home yesterday, after my marathon calling session, my DVD Planet order was on my doorstep.

Seems that they're getting the orders out but they just aren't updating their website with shipping information.

I don't know. It's weird because the order came a week after I ordered it...which is ok...it's just all of the communication with them after I placed the order was so whacked.

matome 06-15-03 11:55 AM

I'm still waiting for last Tuesday's order and the week before's order was a week late as well. I hope they straighten this out soon.

dvde 06-15-03 11:53 PM

Originally posted by *RG3*

DVDPLANET values our customer and is dedicated to providing you with the level of service you have come to expect. We would like to thank you for your support by offering $5 off your next order of $30 or more.

* Purchase must be made by 07/19/03
* Good on in-stock items only, totaling $30 or more (excludes taxes, shipping, and handling charges)
* Not redeemable on previous purchases or pre-ordered items
* Regular shipping charges will apply

The next time you shop with us at http://www.dvdplanet.com, simply add items to your cart as you normally would. When you are ready to check out, you can enter the coupon code on the cart page and continue the normal checkout process. Don't forget that the coupon expires on July 19th, 2003.

Coupon Code:
ZYZ535XP8OV3

Thanks for your business,
DVDPLANET

Yeah they really value their customers by making them purchase $30 worth of product to receive the $5 and having rules that apply. They should try giving people a $5 gift certificate that can be used on any size order and no expiration. Just my opinion. Hello Titanic.

matome 06-16-03 04:33 PM

Has anyone received their orders from 6/10 yet (Buffy S4, Old School, Tears of the Sun, etc.)? The week before I got my six prordered discs shipped seperately (???) and now I'm trying to figure out if I got charged shipping on each package, since they no longer send invoice emails, WTF????

hbk1976 06-16-03 06:13 PM

I ordered 3 DVDs on May 31st, they were shipped on
June 4th.
I just received them on June 16th, which is not bad
considering I live in Singapore and they were shipped
by DHL Worldmail.
Although I'm wondering why they took 4-5 days to ship from
time of ordering.

emanon 06-16-03 07:14 PM

I've pretty much given up on them. I'd esimate that my last four preorders with them were NOT charged at the preorder price, but rather the price on release date, and I had to contact them to rectify it each time. Also, I never received the $5 coupon promised for placing a preorder a month or so ago.

mrowley 06-17-03 04:23 AM

On 18 May I placed an order and it is yet to ship.

I received the above emails also, but I'm afraid I've given up and have sent them an email to cancel my order.

Trouble is I don't know if they've actioned it.

Terrible customer service!

VincentHVPhan 06-17-03 10:50 AM

Total f..ked up

After numerous email, even got on the phone with them (after half hour waiting), I told them I wanted all items cancelled and no more shiptments.

Guess what, Two packages just came yesterday.

VincentHVPhan 06-17-03 10:56 AM

Forgot to mention

Already bought all tittles in the shipments.

meiso 06-17-03 04:01 PM

hmm.. placed an order near the end of may (20something) and haven't gotten my order yet up here in canada :( hope it atleast gets here by the end of the week, if they even did ship it.

and the bad thing is mine was a mail order, so i dont even know if they recieved it.

dvde 06-17-03 05:09 PM

Can we say "Titanic"!

matome 06-18-03 08:12 AM

I finally got through to a customer service rep who was very nice and explained to me the situation. Apparently the new ordering system they have in place was royally screwed up and they apparently have to hand-transfer all existing orders to the new system. She said there were 20000 orders to be transferred and the had about 1500 to go as of Monday (6/18). I was calling to find out where the hell my preordered <i>Buffy S4</i> set was, and she said that that title had not been transferred over yet, but my other orders for the same release day <i>Old School, Tears of The Sun)</i> had been picked and sent out, albeit the Saturday after release date. Basically, if you had preorders in they've apparently been added piecemeal to the new system and no guarantee on which ones have currently made the transfer as of yet, and could be late a week to 10 days. She offered to manually move Buffy to the new system, but I cancelled it and got it Best Buy for $10 more since I really couldn't wait anymore. Really crappy situation if you ask me. She said the orders should be back to normal within the next week or so. If I hadn't been a satisfied customer of Ken Crane's/DVD planet for a lot of years, this would've instantly made me switch to someone else, but I'll cut them some slack for now and see what happens in the next few weeks.

jimbo 06-19-03 02:12 PM

Unfortunately there is very little of Ken Cranes left at DVDPlanet

dvd-4-life 06-19-03 03:04 PM

I have been a customer of Ken Crane's/DVD Planet since the days of laserdisc-never had a major problem with them.There prices are reasonable and they have fast shipping except lately with there computer problems.

meiso 06-19-03 03:31 PM

hmm their phone lines have been busy all day

ianholm 06-20-03 11:56 AM

Has anyone gotten email invoices for their orders from the past few weeks? It sucked when they stopped sending theinvoice with the package, but now they don't send them in email form anymore. How are you supposed to know what you're getting charged??? :mad:

Norm de Plume 06-23-03 02:00 AM

Originally posted by dvd-4-life
I have been a customer of Ken Crane's/DVD Planet since the days of laserdisc-never had a major problem with them.There prices are reasonable and they have fast shipping except lately with there computer problems.
Same here, but recently its shipping prices to Canada have doubled ($6 for the first, $2 per thereafter). Until the intl. shipping costs are brought back to a sane level, Planet won't be seeing another penny from me.

VincentHVPhan 06-23-03 03:49 PM

Updates.

Packages refused one week ago and still waiting for Credit.... Will keep you all posted.
It's amazing that it happens everytime someone is being bought that services just went down hill. This time it really drops like a bucket.

meiso 06-24-03 06:58 PM

heh, i sent them another email last thursday, along with a return reciept (i use the mail prog in mozilla, when i get return reciepts, i get prompted whether or not i want to send it back to them, i dont know if it automatically does in other email programs though), and i got the reciept back saying they read my email on monday, but as of yet i still haven't gotten a response. so im wondering why they would decide to send it back, and not reply..

has anyone been getting their orders lately? i figure everything should beback to normal by now..

Steve Phillips 06-25-03 12:02 PM

No, they are still not answering the phones, emails or faxes.

matome 06-25-03 04:21 PM

Someone very high up in DVDPlanet personally got in touch with me and assured me that the transitioning to the new order system will be complete very soon and will be sending out an email indicating so. They've been swamped during the changeover, but do not want to take shortcuts that will cause problems in the future. He explained to me the new enhancements which will be forthcoming including such things as free shipping options, more order control, customer loyalty rewards), etc. They are aware of the current situation and are monitoring things very closely. With that I am satisfied and I'm looking forward to the new system!

Steve Phillips 06-25-03 04:35 PM

So why not answer the phones, e-mails, or faxes if everything is going along so well? They could put a message on their phone system....or a note on their website.

dvd-4-life 06-25-03 05:28 PM

If you people don't like DVD Planet shop elsewhere.I prefer 25 -30 percent off retail at DVD Planet over 10 percent and less off retail at Amazon.com(you are better off going to Media Play).

Steve Phillips 06-25-03 06:53 PM

Who said I didn't like them?

I've been a LOYAL customer since 1990, back in the laser days, and I've never had problems until recently.

I could cut them slack in a problem time, but to basically turn off their phones, ignore e-mails, faxes, etc for several weeks is ridiculous.

Especially when people are being double and triple charged, getting e-mails stating disc have shipped when they aren't even due out for months, etc.

I wonder how many cancellations they could have avoided (and it sounds like a lot) if they had simply put a message on their phone system and their website?

Hiding in the face a problem doesn't help, it just makes people think things are maybe even worse than they are.

dvd-4-life 06-25-03 07:07 PM

Sorry for your problems-I just think they are heads above the rest except for DVD Empire.Like I said before-never had a major problem with them.

meiso 06-25-03 07:39 PM

Sorry for your problems-I just think they are heads above the rest except for DVD Empire.Like I said before-never had a major problem with them.
this whole thread is devoted to people who are having problems with them :)

ironmonkey 06-25-03 08:18 PM

I placed an order on 5/23/03. Received the order with the wrong DVD title. Called on 5/30/03 and spoke with Carl who advised return the wrong DVD and they will send the correct title and reimburse shipping. I returned the DVD on 6/3/03. As of today, no DVD. Been trying to contact them via email-no response, via telephone-always busy and via fax-nothing. This is first and last time I will deal with this unprofessional company.

VincentHVPhan 06-26-03 07:59 AM

Spend some money and find out

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... for yourself...

VincentHVPhan 06-26-03 08:05 AM

Unbeleivable excuse.

I am an IT professional and those IT managers at DVDPlanet should all be fired.
Converting a system and cause chaos like this and lasting this long with no Backout plans not to mention TOTALLY FAILED IN PLANNING AND TESTING.

Steve Phillips 06-26-03 10:28 AM

To be fair, they did answer my e-mails last night and have begun to help me out.

I'm sure they will work things out. In the meantime, I will continue to visit their retail location when in the area.