Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question on closing eBay account

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-03, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure this is the right forum for this question... If not, moderator, please move it to the right place for me, thanks. Anyhow, here's the question, I have a regular eBay account and half.com account. Since they are now one, I don't want the half.com account anymore. I would lke to close the half.com and use its e-mail address on the regular eBay account. I did request an account closure from eBay (the half.com one), but the question is, will I be able to change my regular eBay account's e-mail address to the half.com's? I hope my question is clear...
Old 06-06-03, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just a a reply to my request... Well, you can't use the e-mail address of the account you are closing to open a new one. That's pretty reasonable, but the question is, can you change an existing account's e-mail address to the one used on the closed account?
Old 06-06-03, 11:52 AM

Originally posted by Ocelot
I just a a reply to my request... Well, you can't use the e-mail address of the account you are closing to open a new one. That's pretty reasonable, but the question is, can you change an existing account's e-mail address to the one used on the closed account?
Not easily. Ebay's address changing scheme is a mess. You can't simply close one and put your previously used email address into the new one.

Once an email address is assigned to an account, it can't be used for any other account - the email address appears to be the key to their whole system. What you can do is close the ebay account, and have all the feedback from that account moved to the half.com account.

30 days after the ebay acct has been deleted (I think it's 30 days, might be more) you can change the name on the half account to be the one that was on the ebay acct if you wanted that username.

Like I said, it's a mess.
Old 06-06-03, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks dude... looks like i'm not even gonna bother w/ it... just let it be...