Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever buy from SkinnyGuy.com?/Possible great deals...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-03, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was browsing through links on the Paypal site and searched under entertainment. That's when I came across www.skinnyguy.com. I had never heard of this site so I decided to browse around. They seem to be similar to Shophitmenow.com. They sell new and used and will take your DVD's in trade.

If this place is legit there seem to be some great deals to be found. Here's the first couple of deals I've found:

X-Files, The: The Complete Sixth Season $53.97 New
Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Magical World $12.99 New

Shipping charges are not great:

$2.98 for book rate, $3.95 for first class

I'm still searching for any additional bargains. Please post if you have had any experience with them.
Old 06-03-03, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Other deals I have found (all listed as new):

Stuart Little 2 $10.99
Lovely and Amazing $7.89
Like Mike $9.99
The Country Bears $10.99
The Rookie (2002) $8.99
Empire $10.79
Halloween:Resurrection $10.99
Jurassic Park III $8.99
Men In Black II (full-screen) $9.99
Spider-Man $10.49
Star Wars:Attack of Clones $11.99
Tuck Everlasting $11.99

I'm going to give them a shot. I am ordering Stuart Little 2. Here's hoping these guys are legit.
Old 06-03-03, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts
They sell stuff on half.com, and I've bought a few from them in the past. Some of the stuff they sell is used, but everything I bought was as advertised and arrived in a timely fashion.
Old 06-03-03, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts
I placed an order on 5/19, including 3 items that were new and one that was used. It took about three days for them to gather all the stuff I ordered, but when it shipped, even via Media Mail it only took about three days. The box was larger than necessary for the stuff I ordered, but was perfe,t size for the stuff I traded in. The values on stuff I traded in seemed to be decent, about what I saw them going for on ebay or half.com. Seeing as how I CH'd some of them, or got deals on some, or won some, I don't think I'm out any money, probably broke about even.
Shipping is per dvd Package, not dvd; IOW, three of the four things I ordered were multidisk, but they charged me for 4 things shipped.
There was a media mail Business Reply Mail sticker included, so I just wrapped up my dvd's, packed them, sent them [I did splurge for insurance and return receipt, which was about five bucks, but shipping 12 dvd's singly media mail would be at least 15 dollars.]
Now I just have to wait and see how they treat my tradeins. Everything is mint condition, so there shouldn't be a problem, but I will update.
So counting my trade in, and counting the 5 Skinnybucks I won from the Movie Quote contest, I spent less than eight bucks for Mary Tyler Moore Season 1, Re-Animator ME, Cardcaptor Sakura 4, and Sakura Diaries CE. Not too bad. I could have gotten slightly better prices on a few of those, but the trade in made it worth while.
Old 06-04-03, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to Skinnyguy.com. Very fast and quality service.