Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Digital Eyes situation

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Digital Eyes situation

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received an order from Digital Eyes that I placed in January, but wasn't filled until last week. Additionally, since I live in Illinois I was charged tax on it, even though I ordered it when they were shipping from Nashville & Las Vegas.

I used to order 3 DVDs at once to save on shipping and take advantage of their halfway decent rates, but now that i'm paying tax on my orders, it just doesn't make sense to use DE any more.
Old 05-18-03, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does Digital Eyes' free media mail shipping for orders of 3 or more DVDs still exist?
Old 05-18-03, 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Gypo66
Does Digital Eyes' free media mail shipping for orders of 3 or more DVDs still exist?
Yes it does.

Mark
Digital Eyes
Old 05-27-03, 04:35 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Has anyone received an order from Digital Eyes lately? I order Dances With Wolves on 5/15 with Priority shipping. The title was due to be released on 5/20 so I assumed even if it was shipped that day I would have it in my hands 3 days later. Here it is 5/27 and the site still doesn't say it was shipped and no response to my emails.
Old 05-28-03, 10:30 AM

Originally posted by RonG617
Has anyone received an order from Digital Eyes lately? I order Dances With Wolves on 5/15 with Priority shipping. The title was due to be released on 5/20 so I assumed even if it was shipped that day I would have it in my hands 3 days later. Here it is 5/27 and the site still doesn't say it was shipped and no response to my emails.
E-Mail me ([email protected]) and I will check into it for you.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 05-28-03, 05:16 PM
Cool New Member

got mine

ordered mine, Wolves plus two others, on 5/22, received shipment today via media mail.

Paul L.
Nashville, TN
Old 05-29-03, 02:17 PM
Cool New Member

What is the normal amount of time to wait for a response regarding the receipt of store credit for used DVDs?

I sent in a couple of DVDs over two weeks ago and have not yet received any response despite e-mailing to enquire about them on the 26th.
Old 05-29-03, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by water
What is the normal amount of time to wait for a response regarding the receipt of store credit for used DVDs?

I sent in a couple of DVDs over two weeks ago and have not yet received any response despite e-mailing to enquire about them on the 26th.
They are processed within 48 hours of receipt on average. You are sent an e-mail the minute they are processed.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 05-29-03, 03:00 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the quick response Mark. I am getting a little nervous if the DVDs have not already been received. Hopefully I will get a confirmation e-mail soon.

Thanks again.
Old 05-29-03, 03:48 PM

(Note: When you click the Buy Now button, you will be taken to PayPal's online processing site. Once your payment has been submitted, you must click the CONTINUE button to finalize your order. If you have not received our Thank You screen, your order has not been finalized.)

To Digital Eyes,

I am having the same problem. I ordered 3 titles last wednesday for $61.48. I don't believe that I saw the Thank You screen. I also ordered that the items be shipped via Priority Mail and paid $4.80 for the expedited shipping. I sent [email protected] an Email earlier today but still have yet to receive a reply. Can you find out what's going on with my order? I paid for Priority Mail because I want to have the movies for a get-together this weekend but I don't think it will ever get here on time.
Old 05-30-03, 06:19 PM

I'm still having problems myself. I have gotten 4 differant emails from them saying 4 differant things. First one said my order would be shipping first class soon, the second said that my order was shipping express mail for the long wait(it didn't), then I get an email saying that my order had shipped priority(it didn't), then I get one saying my order was cancelled because it was no longer available (it is the new Dances With Wolves SE--the 4th most popular ordered item on the site) I get another email today telling me the item shipped first class/priority, but I was billed the full amount, and the $8.95 credit which I was told held up my order for 10 days was not applied according to the email. The web site still does not show the item being shipped. I am waiting for response to a few emails I sent off. My credit card doesn't have anything billed to it yet, so maybe it really hasn't shipped yet still.
Old 05-31-03, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DigitalEyes
They are processed within 48 hours of receipt on average. You are sent an e-mail the minute they are processed.
You might want to check into the current process, Mark. Granted, my recent trade-in shipment was a rather large one (29 discs), but after receipt it took over a week and a phone call to get my store credit. When I did get the credit, I was never sent an email, and only knew about it because I logged into my account information screen.

Last edited by BJacks; 06-01-03 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-01-03, 02:21 PM

Mine took 5 weeks and 2 phone calls. But they were in the middle of a move. Had I known they were moving, I would have waited and not gone through the stress.
Old 06-02-03, 02:23 PM

Received my Dances With Wolves today. Though the invoice did not have my credit listed, a call to my credit card company verified that they did in fact take the credit off. Many bumps in the road with the selling, credit and purchasing the past 2 months, but everything worked out in the end.
Old 06-04-03, 06:50 PM

I think that DE has just gone through a rough move, but give it another month and they will be back to the top.

Mark actually posting on the forums and responding to issues really receives marks from me, great job.
Old 06-04-03, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no complaints. I have made over 15 orders to digital eyes and have been very pleased with their service. I order all of my criterions from them. Three criterions combined with free shipping and the ocassional 5 dollar off coupon is hard to beat.

Matt D.
Old 06-05-03, 03:51 AM

Disappointed...

I'm very disapointed with Digital Eyes, here is my story:

I ordered 1 single DVD "Stunt Man: LE" from digitaleyes on
May 31, just to try them out to see if they were any good.

On that day, The stock status says "In-Stock, will ship in 24 hours".

Still have not receive it on June 3, so check again on website, still listed as in-stock. Sent email asking when will it ship.
Got reply saying it will ship on June 9 with no explanation whatsoever as to why.

Replied back asking why does it takes that long, since it was listed as in-stock, digitaleyes replied back saying it was not in
stock.

But I check again, it was still listed as in-stock.
Guess what, seems like I've been billed already.

What Gives??

Last edited by hbk1976; 06-05-03 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-05-03, 06:22 PM

The change in the company since they moved is like night and day. I sold some dvds, and made a couple of purchases with them with no problems at all. I was considering making them my sole place to purchase dvds. Then they moved and became terrible to deal with in buying and selling.
Old 06-05-03, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by Chim
I think that DE has just gone through a rough move, but give it another month and they will be back to the top.

Mark actually posting on the forums and responding to issues really receives marks from me, great job.
I could'nt agree more.....They spoiled us in the past and it might not be the same now but I feel they will still be a very good source for low cost DVD's. Growing pains suck.....
Old 06-05-03, 10:43 PM

Just about any dvd I might want is priced lowest at either digitaleyes or deepdiscount. Infinity Resources now supplies about 90% of my non Columbiahouse online dvd purchases.
Old 06-06-03, 07:55 PM
Banned

Does Digitaleyes still take money orders and PAYPAL as payment options???
Old 06-10-03, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just curious if the shipment of used dvds from "water" was ever received at digital eyes? For that matter, anyone else have problems with shipments you sent them mysteriously turn up missing over the past few months?
As you may have gathered, they claim they never received a rather large (and very well packed and clearly marked) package of discs I sent them in late April, and I can't help but assume that the screw-up is related to the chaos entailed in their move.
Any way you look at it, though, I'm screwed...
Old 06-10-03, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by Gypo66
Just curious if the shipment of used dvds from "water" was ever received at digital eyes? For that matter, anyone else have problems with shipments you sent them mysteriously turn up missing over the past few months?
As you may have gathered, they claim they never received a rather large (and very well packed and clearly marked) package of discs I sent them in late April, and I can't help but assume that the screw-up is related to the chaos entailed in their move.
Any way you look at it, though, I'm screwed...
Did you send the DVDs via a trackable method? Did you insure them? We have really not had any problems since early April with used shipments being received and processed. If you can furnish me with a tracking or insurance tag number I will be happy to see what I can find. All the used shipments we have received have been processed. If you did not insure them or send them via a trackable method, we are at a loss to help you with the shipment.

The quote we send out says:

Please package your used discs you intend to sell to us securely. We assume no responsibility for any in-transit damage that may cause us to reject any items as unusable. We suggest that if you are very concerned about possible lost/stolen/damaged discs, that you insure your shipment for your protection.

This is there for your protection. Packages do get lost sometimes in the postal service and the extra buck or two in insurance sure helps out.

Please let me know via e-mail if I can do anything else for you.

Thanks,

Mark
[email protected]
Old 06-10-03, 05:30 PM

Originally posted by twilightdvd
Does Digitaleyes still take money orders and PAYPAL as payment options???
We do still accept PayPal and it is finally integrated into our shopping cart.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 06-10-03, 05:31 PM

I made sure to put delivery confirmation on mine. My shipment was around $300 worth of stuff, so the half a buck for the confirmation was worth it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.