Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix - new distribution center

Old 04-17-03, 02:05 PM

Netflix - new distribution center

Woo-hoo. I was just putting my latest rental in it's Netflix return sleeve and noticed that it will be going to Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Used to be Duluth, GA and before that, of course, all the way to San Jose, California.

Last time, when they added Duluth, new centers went up around the country, so wherever you are, take a look at your latest return sleeve and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Happy Netflixing!
Old 04-17-03, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Florida center had an announced opening on 3/17.

From the press release:
The new facility, located in Fort Lauderdale, is capable of providing generally one- and two-day turnaround service to the more than 5 million residents living in Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach Counties. It brings to 17 the total number of shipping centers Netflix has opened since early 2002. In addition to Fort Lauderdale, Netflix runs shipping centers in Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Newark, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Jose, Stamford, Seattle, and Washington, DC, metropolitan areas.
Old 04-17-03, 06:18 PM
Cool New Member

Yippie!

I happened to look today and saw St. Louis, MO instead of Lansing, MI! About time we had one! I'm so excited, hey, I might drop back down to 3 per instead of 4 if the turn around is greatly improved.
Old 04-17-03, 10:58 PM

careful with that four account - i was just gonna up my account to four at a time (like I did last summer) and it looks like they don't offer it anymore.

it would be a bummer if you dropped down and then you can't get that four at a time account back.

hey, i got an idea, wanna trade?

but really, anyone know if any new account types are being considered or in line to roll out?