Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Need help with half.com problem

Old 04-12-03, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Need help with half.com problem

I just bought the Cast Away 2 disc set from someone on half.com. It was factory sealed like promised, but when I opened it there was only 1 disc. What am I supposed to do? Its not really the sellers fault since he had no way of knowing. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-12-03, 01:19 PM

Unfortunately, I think the responsibility is on the seller's shoulders. Certainly, you can't be expected to pay for defective merchandise. You should use the half site to report the problem to the seller. Hopefully the seller will refund you the money if you ship the defective dvd back. If the seller won't go along, I think you can pursue a refund through half.com or through your CC company.

As a half.com seller, I know that there's risk in selling any sealed items, because there's no way to know what's inside the package. In fact, I've got a couple of OOP Criterions that I'm planning to sell and that I've kept sealed, and I just hope that they're not defective or something.