Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What the hell is wrong with UPS!!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-29-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I preordered a game from the US around 3 weeks ago and it was to have been released on the 25th. It was released and shipped, but in the last 4 days since then, my package has travelled a whopping 100 miles in California and has not moved from a warehouse since the 26th at midnight.

What the **** is UPS smoking, I want my package, this is a preorder!
Old 03-29-03, 10:12 AM

Did you pay for Next Day Air? 2-Day? Ground?
Ground can sometimes take about a week.
Old 03-30-03, 06:53 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Just a couple of words of common sense:

"Call UPS!"
Old 04-01-03, 08:00 PM
Cool New Member

Any update on ths? I hope you were able to get in touch with UPS and find out some info. In the past I had that happen with a package and UPS told me that they don't always update their online info as often as it should be. Maybe if you call a Customer service person can tell you some more details.
Old 04-02-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If it was a ground shipment, it only gets scanned at the origin and destination hub, so what you are looking at may be a normal indication that it is on the way.
Old 04-02-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts
Originally posted by Movie_Man
If it was a ground shipment, it only gets scanned at the origin and destination hub, so what you are looking at may be a normal indication that it is on the way.
Are you sure? I've had several UPS ground shipments that showed several locations where the package was scanned.
Old 04-02-03, 10:32 PM

Tracking information only shows the last time it was scanned. If it is being shipped out of California and you are in Florida, for instance, it will be scanned in California, but will be on a truck for three or four days before it arrives in Florida, where it will be scanned again.

From California to most places in the east, it takes five or six business days from shipping date if it is going UPS Ground.
Old 04-02-03, 10:52 PM
Rest in Peace

Six days for UPS to got 72 miles, just in the last year something changed them from speedy to dead slow. 72 miles in six days
I told them I wold rather deal with Uncle Sams Priority mail then deal with a company that started out in 1906 Portland Oregan with 6 Connestoga wagons. The color of brown is how the original wagons in the weather turned, they didn't have a water sealer in those days.

The original owner would turn over in his grave if he seen how slow his 2003 business is compared with just last year over 1.5 years ago from 9-11-2001. I demanded UPS bring my package after a lengthy talk to a manager, who called a local breakbulk to deliver it rather than talk to me for another 45 minutes of his time. In each state they have at least 3 breakbulks ours is less than 10 miles, there is no excuse for 6 days for package to go 72 miles and he knew it!
Old 04-03-03, 06:54 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Did the package ship Ground Danol? I have noticed that UPS really sits on the ground shipments so that people use 2 or 3 day service. I like Priority mail, and FedEx for stuff that I need right away.
Old 04-06-03, 10:45 PM

Sorry to hear that you had very unpleasant experience with UPS.

I used to work for UPS............ I don't use their service.

What can brown do for you? As far as they are concerned, they've got your money and they really don't care.

If you make a BIG deal, they might listen to you.........